[SOLVED] [#7495] Authorize.net Gateway Not Working (sorta)

5 years 1 month ago #311342 by beat
I could now reproduce the AIM single-payment slowdown on their sandbox server.

Tagged it as issue #7495 .

It is due to the server software change on authorize.net side that introduced a backwards incompatibility.

We have now updated a different method to https to their server, which solves the massive sudden slowdown that you experienced, and released a nightly build.

Please update to latest CBSubs nightly and tell us if the problem is also solved with the production server (we only have a Sandbox developers server account at authorize.net).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #311352 by marse7
Thank you for the new build.

When I updated.

This:

HTTPS POST Connection to payment gateway server failed (check system information in CBSubs Settings): ERROR: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain ()

The certificate is valid - it's working other places.

I found a mention in another thread from 8 years ago but there was no resolution: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/131878-authorize-net-problem

Any thoughts?

Mark

5 years 4 weeks ago #311353 by beat
Are your webserver CA root certificates up to date ?

The error is probably caused by not having an up-to-date bundle of CA root certificates

Typically, in linux it's the "ca-certificates" package that your hoster should install and keep up to date.

If you are doing it yourself, solutions are here:
stackoverflow.com/questions/21187946/curl-error-60-ssl-certificate-issue-self-signed-certificate-in-certificate-cha

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #311366 by marse7
Beat,

Thanks - I have scanned everything I could find on this including the article you kindly provided.

The issue is that I've redone the certificate three times and am assured by A2 Hosting that LetsEncrypt is valid.

Also, the cert works for DT Register on the same website.

That screencap is from just a few moments ago in Auth.net and there are other settled/unsettled transactions there from the last few days.

I'm on hold with A2 to verify the cert again although it's simple enough to install.

Also, this message just started showing up after the last build.

Any other thoughts?

UPDATE: I'm switching certificates on the hosting to a paid cert instead of LetEncrypt to see if that makes a difference.

Mark
Attachments:

5 years 4 weeks ago #311367 by beat
It's NOT the certificate of YOUR server that is the problem. Let'sEncrypt is best choice nowadays.

It's the CA bundle of your server. Nothing to do with your own certificate. A good hoster knows what it is.

5 years 4 weeks ago #311368 by beat
Maybe DT register uses their own CA bundle...or very more probably doesn't check the certificate of authorize.net (which needs the CA bundle).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn