[#7530] delete foto without refresh page in the frontend

5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 22 hours ago #311771 by ericmuc
with the gallery plugin: if I delete fotos, the whole page is refreshed and I have to scroll down the page to the gallery again, if I want to delete more fotos, that is not comfortable, is there any possibilty that the page remains in place during deleting of many fotos, or is there another mass deletion by the front end user?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #311773 by ericmuc
I tried following idea:
1) in the normal view the gallery is not editable by the own user
2) in an extra page with only the gallery tab at the top of the page the user can edit his gallery
By this solution the page can be refreshed and the gallery is shown again at the top of the page, the user has not to scroll down to the gallery everytime
With the CB Privacy Plugin I tried to get 1), but I failed. I cannot find a suitable setting for the Gallery tab
So I need here a hint, what I can do, thanks

5 years 4 days ago #311775 by krileon
There is no ajax delete. So yes it will refresh the page on delete. It does this to update the display otherwise you've a photo you deleted still displaying. If you want a page with just their gallery then create a Joomla menu item with Community Builder > Plugin menu type then select CB Gallery for Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 days ago #311793 by ericmuc
Ok, thanks, but I want show the gallery in the main profile page, but only without edit access for the current user, he shall only be able to edit the gallery on that extra page. How can I manage the privacy for the gallery?

5 years 3 days ago #311800 by krileon
That's not possible for profile galleries. They can always edit their profile gallery entries no matter where they are. I think you're over thinking the page reload on gallery media delete. That's basically the same behavior of any site with a gallery.

Depending on how much content you have before the profile (e.g. at the top of your page) will determine how far they might have to scroll. On our demo site for example it has a minimal header allowing the gallery to be immediately in view.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan?tab=Gallery

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 days ago #311827 by ericmuc
Hi, can a automatically downscroll after refresh of the page to the place the user edit / delete the foto be added?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn