[#7529] Potential Bug: Upload of gallery pictures via smartphone

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #311804 by erichburkhard
Actually I am using the following CB Gallery version: 2.4.0+build.2019.03.08.14.30.33.0670077ad. (together with CB 2.4.1) While doing some regression tests for my new website release I found the following issue:

1. I start my website on my IPhone (IPhone 10 Xs, Browser: Safari)
2. I login with a test user
3. I click on the Gallery tab of my test user profile and start to upload a foto from my (smartphone) media library --> result: foto is going to be visible immediately in my profile which is correct.
4. I am going to upload another media file and / or make a selfie --> result: I see 2 fotos in my profile, BUT the new foto is identical to the one I have uploaded in step 3...
5. I am going to upload again another media file and / or make a selfie -- --> result: i see 3 fotos in my profile, BUT all 3 Fotos are identical to the foto I have uploaded in step 3.
6. Now I am clicking onto the upload button --> I see 3 identical fotos which are ready to be approved by the moderator

For some reasons the 'first' selected foto seems to remain in a kind of 'cache' !?! …. ….I don't know why this happens…..and I don't think that Safary or iOS is the problem because I executed this kind of regression test already when testing my 'old' joomla website instance (of course with older versions of CB and CB Gallery) and it worked

any idea?

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago #311807 by krileon
What version of CB Gallery is your old install using where it's working fine? It sounds like your devices browser is not clearing the file input after upload. Does it work fine on your computer?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #311825 by erichburkhard
Hi - attached with this message I am going to send you a deeper analysis. I am going to test the following scenarios on different hardware & software environments:

The environments are:
- IPad (ios / Safari)
- IPhone Xs (ios / Safari)
- IPhone SE (ios / Safari)
- PC (Windows 10 / Firefox)

Scenario 1 :

1. Click or Drag & Drop to Upload (1)
2. Choose exactly 1 picture from your library –> 1 picture is visible (2)
3. Click Done (3)
4. Click or Drag & Drop to Upload (1)
5. Choose exactly 1 picture from your library --> 2 different pictures are visible now (2)

This scenario works on ALL environments –> OK

Scenario 2 :

2. Choose n pictures from your library –> n pictures are visible (2)
3. Click Done (3)
4. Click or Drag & Drop to Upload (1)
5. Choose m pictures from your library --> n + m pictures are visible now (2)

This scenario works on ALL environments –> OK

Scenario 3 :

2. Choose exactly 1 picture from your library –> 1 picture is visible (2)
3. Click or Drag & Drop to Upload (1)
4. Choose exactly 1 pictures from your library --> the result depends on the environment :

IPhone Xs : The second picture is identical to the one uploaded at step 2 –> NOK
IPad : The second picture is identical to the one uploaded at step 2 --> NOK
PC : you correctly see 2 different pictures --> OK

In my former post I claimed that the Scenario 3 worked in the context of ‘older’ version of CB and CB Gallery. But this is not true: I checked the Scenario 3 together with :

CB Core : 2.1.4+build.2018.04.16.12.36.23.f56a647b0

CB Gallery: 2.2.0+build.2018.02.20.00.54.44.71ded709a

…and the (wrong) behaviour is still the same. The final summary is as follows :
On the PC it always works : On (ios ?) smartphones it only works if you click ‘Done’ (3) before choosing a new picture(s). If you dont’ click ‘Done’, the first chosen picture will always appear again (but not the chosen one)

Regards
Attachments:

5 years 1 week ago #311841 by krileon
I do not own an Apple device, but my guess is it's a problem with Safari which is today's IE6. It looks like the file input may have to be deleted after every use to clear the problem. Will review further and research possible causes and solutions, but again I do not own an Apple device so I've no means of confirming.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7529

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn