mobile field

4 years 11 months ago #311844 by tto
mobile field was created by tto
Hello

I have a field to collect mobile numbers, I am using the below setup to:

1- prevent using same number by more than a user
2- number should be 10 digits

One user complained he can not use his number, I searched but I can't find his number registered for any other user, what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Regards,

Tariq
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311848 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic mobile field

One user complained he can not use his number, I searched but I can't find his number registered for any other user, what could be the problem?

Which validation was failing for him? You've it limited to 10 characters and are only accepting digits. If he tries adding a dash or a space it will be rejected. If it's the query validation please ensure CB Query Field is up to date and retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311849 by tto
Replied by tto on topic mobile field
Hello

He is entering it right, number from 10 digits, attached in an image; as I don't want it to indexed for user privacy, when he enter the number on registration form it get rejected by cb. When I search for the same number using cb-list, I can't find a user used it before.

regards,

Regards,

Tariq
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #311864 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests using the below.

Field
Name: cb_phone
Type: Text
Validation
Minimum length: 10
Authorized input: Custom PERL regular expression
Perl Regular Expression: /^[0-9]*$/
CB Query Validation
Query:
SELECT `id` FROM `#__comprofiler` WHERE `id` != '[user_id]' AND `cb_phone` = '[value]'
Validate On: Empty Results

You likely need to improve your query to be sure it's not trying to validate against the users self. See the above where I've added `id` != '[user_id]'.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311878 by tto
Replied by tto on topic mobile field
Hello Kyle

I tried it, the same issue, it is refusing the use that number.

any hints?

thanks.

Regards,

Tariq

4 years 11 months ago #311887 by krileon
Ensure CB and CB Query Field are both completely up to date. I don't know what more to suggest as it works fine in all my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds