Payment Gateway force single currency acceptance

5 years 2 days ago #311921 by MarlonFungai
Hi Guys. I am currently building a payment gateway for PayFast in South Africa and I need to define it such that it only accepts Rands as a currency. I am using CCBill as a template as indicated by the documentation but I cannot find the definitions for currency in any of the files. Where can specify the currency such that the user cannot change it? (PayFast only accepts Rands)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 day ago #311931 by krileon
Currency is set within CBSubs > Settings > Global. It's not set by the gateway it self. Gateways then typically have a "Accepted Currencies for payment" parameter (CCBill does) to limit what currency the gateway an be used with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 day ago #311935 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Payment Gateway force single currency acceptance
Yes and I need to limit accepted currencies by the gateway to 1 currency ZAR but in the settings there is no where, I can set this in the gateway files.

5 years 1 day ago #311936 by krileon
Currencies available to CBSubs are configured within CBSubs > Currencies. If ZAR isn't there you will need to add it, but I see it there on my install so you shouldn't have any issues setting it as the primary, secondary, or as a selectable currency in CBSubs > Settings > Global under "Currency and Price display". To limit a gateway to a specific currency simply edit the gateway and adjust "Accepted Currencies for payment" as needed. Note these parameters use the full currency name so for ZAR you need to select "South African Rand".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn