Canvas Backround solutions needed

4 years 11 months ago #311926 by wegda
Canvas Backround solutions needed was created by wegda
Hi,

the canvas background is more complicated to insert a picture thats need a specific resolution.

Some users have a quarter dimension picture e.g. logo 200x200 px. How can we integrate this as canvas background with full visiblity?

Whats the best resolution to insert a picture without many cropping?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas Backround solutions needed
There is no stopping the cropping. Canvas backgrounds will scale based off the space available. The only fixed sizing for it is the height which is 200px desktop and 125px mobile. It's not intended to be used to 100% perfectly fit an image inside of it as it is a background.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312031 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic Canvas Backround solutions needed
We need more options to set the canvas background to the needs.
1. Pls set in configuration an upload field for the standard background and/or via color-picker choose a standard background color . So the admin can set background easy
2. give an option to set the max-height to own needs
3. fit the picture to match height and/or an option to place the picture like facebook canvas

4 years 11 months ago #312037 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas Backround solutions needed

1. Pls set in configuration an upload field for the standard background and/or via color-picker choose a standard background color . So the admin can set background easy

The default can be changed to an image of your choosing directly in the canvas fields parameters in CB > Field Management. Default images can be found in the below location and is also where you'd add your custom images.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/canvas

If you want to generate a custom template for CB with your own colors you can use CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature shown below to do that.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18797-template-builder

2. give an option to set the max-height to own needs

You can change the height with CSS. We do not add style parameters like that as they completely bloat the UI.

3. fit the picture to match height and/or an option to place the picture like facebook canvas

Our canvas background already works like Facebooks. It will fit if it can otherwise it's going to be stretched exactly as Facebook will do to fill the space. This is done entirely using CSS so if you want to change that behavior you can using CSS.

You can reposition the image as well if the height of the image is larger than the 200px limit. After upload simply select the Reposition option from the fields dropdown while editing your profile. If you don't see this functionality then your image does not have a height greater than 200px.

The default Image Limits for the canvas field are as follows. It's possible to adjust those parameters giving odd results. Canvas backgrounds of course favor having landscape images supplied to them. You will have poor results with portrait style images there as again it's a background.

Always Resample: Normal CB Default
Maximum Image Height: 640
Maximum Image Width: 1280
Maximum Thumbnail Height: 320
Maximum Thumbnail Width: 640
Maintain Aspect Ratio: Normal CB Default (recommended Yes if default was changed)
Allow Client Resize: Enabled

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn