verified user badge

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #311981 by tto
verified user badge was created by tto
Hello

I would like to verify users by allowing them to upload a copy of id in profile.

I am thinking of the following workflow:

1- user enter id number, id expiry date, and upload a copy of id
2- admins get notified of user request to verify
3- if admin approve then a (verified badge) show in user profile, and user get a (verified acl)
4- on id expiry date, the badge will be auto removed and the verified acl will be removed also
5- user have to update id again and get approved again by admin.
6- if user edit or change the above info, also has to be verified again, just like expiry or new request.

I have created the following fields to collect user data:

cb_verified_personal_id_nember - text field
cb_verified_personal_id_expiry_date - date field
cb_verified_personal_id_copy - file field

And the following field to show the badge:
cb_verified_personal_badge - custom html field

And the following field used by admins to mark user as approved after review of id copy:
cb_verified_personal_user - Radio Buttons (YES NO)

I believe it can be to accomplished maybe by using cb auto actions and cb Query, but can't figure it out.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Regards,

Tariq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311985 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic verified user badge
Only image fields have approval at this time so the easiest approach I suppose is to have an image field for them to upload their id and be sure it isn't set to display on profile then set that image field to require approval within its field parameters. This should allow normal image approval workflows to function fine.

After that it becomes a lot more complicated as there's no automation for the rest of what you're wanting to do and there's no triggers for image approval so there's nothing for CB Auto Actions to act on. I suppose the easiest approach would be to just edit their profile once you see they've a id pending upload approval then toggle cb_verified_personal_user from there. CB Auto Actions can be used to give them a usergroup on the after user update trigger when cb_verified_personal_user is changed (see below usage to act on field value change) and cb_verified_personal_badge can just be set to display based off the value of cb_verified_personal_user using CB Conditional.

CB Auto Actions on field value change:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/240617-solved-cb-autoaction-on-change-of-specific-user-fields#310923

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn