Expired member Renewal Issue - Plan Missing

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312224 by bins
We have a member who expired on 24/1/18.
Yesterday they paid to rejoin us and there plan option is not available for a new membership.
All of the other plans are.

I changed the plan settings to allow reactivate/renew at anytime and the option for them to reactivate their plan appeared. I completed a transaction and they were renewed to 24/1/19 and the reactivate option also stayed (as it was renewed 1 year, but still in the past).

From previous discussions, I thought that I had set up the expiration/renewal as I wanted, but apparently not!

I have deleted the basket & payment but the members renewal details are still showing as they renewed today! I will manually change that.

EDIT:
I am playing with settings and getting varying results. As the membership has expired a want to create a new subscription, not renewal/activation.

EDIT 2:
In the members subscription, she was shown as being in the plan and not downgraded, so I am checking the expiration process.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired member Renewal Issue - Plan Missing

I changed the plan settings to allow reactivate/renew at anytime and the option for them to reactivate their plan appeared. I completed a transaction and they were renewed to 24/1/19 and the reactivate option also stayed (as it was renewed 1 year, but still in the past).

Sounds like you set "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" to "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)" or "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens first (allow overlap but no free gap)" which the default is "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)". In short you're not allowing a free gap between expiration date and payment date. So when they renew they're just extending the expiration date. This can be a problem if they're 2 years behind as they'll have to pay those 2 years.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312232 by bins
But after a period of time (3 months) I do not want them to renew - they have to start a new membership again!

The setting I use in 'Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows' is:
Renewal extends expiry date (without gap or overlap)

I have changed 'Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since less than' to:
"Once expired or cancelled cannot be reactiviated"

4 years 11 months ago #312237 by bins
I have changed 'Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since less than' to:
"Once expired or cancelled cannot be reactiviated"

Just thinking aloud, but I will need to change that back to 'anytime', as I want to give members a 3 month window to renew. -' Grace period before real expiration' is set to 7 days.

4 years 11 months ago #312239 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired member Renewal Issue - Plan Missing

But after a period of time (3 months) I do not want them to renew - they have to start a new membership again!

That's the purpose of the "Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since less than" parameter. Simply set it to 3 months.

The setting I use in 'Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows' is:
Renewal extends expiry date (without gap or overlap)

Then you're forcing them to pay for past time. So if they expired 2 months ago you're making them pay for those 2 months before they become active.

Just thinking aloud, but I will need to change that back to 'anytime', as I want to give members a 3 month window to renew. -' Grace period before real expiration' is set to 7 days.

The below settings should fit your needs fine.

Renewable in advance by: 1 month
Grace period before real expiration: 1 week (7 days)
Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since less than: 3 months

They can renew 1 month before expiration. They will truly expire 7 days after expiration date. They can renew up to 3 months after expiration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312348 by bins
Thanks for this, Kyle.

What should I set 'Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since more than' to?

Also, can I apply this setting to a member who lapsed a few weeks ago - i.e. are these setting live for everyone who fits in the parameters or those that trigger them from now?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn