[#7558] Billing Address Issue with authorize.net

4 years 4 months ago #315235 by beat

Proteon wrote: Yes, the state field is working. However, the Company and Phone fields are still blank (even though filled in during the registration, and are properly mapped in CBSubs config). Attached is the email from authorize.net , where you can see those fields being blank.

File Attachment:

File Name: auth.txt
File Size:1 KB

Company and Phone are not part of the standard fields that are transmitted to a credit-card acquirer and not needed for AVS, as credit-cards are always in a person's name.

Therefore they do not appear on the payment form. And therefore they are not transmitted to the acquirer.

This makes sense for privacy reasons and is conform to privacy regulations ("need to know" / GDPR regulations).

Any reason you need that ?

(sorry for slow reply here)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315266 by Proteon
Well, Authorize.net is supporting "Company" and "Phone" fields. So, why not pass (or make an option in CB so that I can choose to pass if I want to) those fields to authorize.net ?

Our clients are receiving the email from authorize.net , and that email message has those fields missing, despite the user entering those information. So, as a vendor, I just can't explain why those fields are missing in the email message despite the users entering them.

4 years 4 months ago #315269 by beat
The fields that authorize.net is receiving are related to the credit card for AVS purposes only and correspond to the last form that the user can adapt to correspond to the credit card, if it differs from the invoicing address. It is not the invoicing address or e.g. the delivery address.

Actually, you can, and should, parameter your authorize.net account to not send emails to your customers, as CBSubs can do that with your own customer data.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 4 months ago #315293 by Proteon
That email is actually an email for the owners, and not the users. And the owners want to know those two important information from the email without having to login to Joomla and go to CB.

4 years 4 months ago #315295 by krileon
You could use CBSubs Emails to setup your plans to email the owners details directly from CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn