CB Auto Action - Capture Query (Select) Return

4 years 11 months ago #312371 by GizaLook
Hi, I quick question of how to capture the returned results from an Auto Action of Type Query.

I have a 'Select' which simply returns some data, how do I capture these results, see attached image for more details.

So in my 'Action' tab I have a series of SQLs, the first is a Select statement, how do I access the returned results from this?

$var = SELECT * FROM..........

UPDATE TABLE SET VALUE = '$var' WHERE user_id = user_id

I think I've read all available documentation on this, nothing seems to answer my question.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312385 by krileon
A query action just takes your SQL and executes it. The only special behavior that's different from directly writing SQL in phpmyadmin is #__ replacement. You can't use PHP inside of SQL. To do what you're wanting you need to use a subquery or a join. Example as follows.

UPDATE `table_1` SET `column` = ( SELECT `id` FROM `table_2` WHERE `user` = '[user_id]' ) WHERE `user` = '[user_id]'

As for output it's not going to be able to output anything. You're acting on a trigger that's fired during a user update process. It's not possible to output anything during that trigger. As for the URL not working under Global please read its description carefully as it states directly it will not work unless Triggers is set to None.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312397 by GizaLook
Replied by GizaLook on topic CB Auto Action - Capture Query (Select) Return
This makes sense. Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn