Member Renewal And New Member Email Sent!

4 years 10 months ago #312414 by bins
In CB Subs, we have a welcome email set to go out to all new paying members.

Nothing is set to be sent for renewals.

A member auto renewed today (on the day it was due) and they were sent a welcome email.

I have no idea where to even start looking at how this happened.

Any pointers?

This is the first time it has happened, but possibly coincidental that it has happened after changing the lapsed members settings, as per here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240956-expired-member-renewal-issue-plan-missing?start=6#312356

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312416 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member Renewal And New Member Email Sent!
How are you sending the email? The email settings under the Presentation tab? CBSubs Emails? or CBSubs Mailer? If CBSubs Mailer please provide the "Main Mailer Triggering Conditions" parameters for your mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312417 by bins
CBSubs Emails- it is part of the membership plan setup.

4 years 10 months ago #312421 by krileon
Are you using the "Activation Email" email? It sends every time their subscription becomes active. So if they've expired and renew it will send again. You may want to try using "Email on first activation" under the Presentation tab instead. Only reason to use CBSubs Email is if you specifically need to change the From Name and From Address of those emails otherwise using the emails under the Presentation tab is sufficient.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312454 by bins
'Email on first activation' is what we are using.

I spoke to the member again, in case I picked something up wrong, but is was a Paypal auto renewal.

4 years 10 months ago #312472 by krileon
I'm not sure if that's intentional. Have let Beat know. I would assume based off its wording it should only send when the plan is purchased for the first time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn