CB Mass Mailer - Send Failed - Forbidden

4 years 10 months ago #312460 by smanderscheid
CB Mass Mailer - Send Failed - Forbidden was created by smanderscheid
I have a user who is experiencing the following error when he tries to send a mass mail through CB.

I've logged in and sent to a smaller group of people and it worked, so I was unable to recreate this on my end. The website is current to joomla and CB Latest version 2.4.2. He's an Admin and has had this functionality in the past. Any idea what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks so much, your help is always so appreciated!
Stacey
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Mass Mailer - Send Failed - Forbidden
Check server error log to see if he maybe blocked by something like mod_security rules. CB does not typically respond with a Forbidden response.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312468 by smanderscheid
Replied by smanderscheid on topic CB Mass Mailer - Send Failed - Forbidden
I'm not seeing much in our error logs but will continue to look. would this have any issue with a secure certificate that we have just updated? we have a mix of purchased and self assigned....anything that might come into play here?

4 years 10 months ago #312473 by krileon
Only thing I can think of is their Joomla access permissions are not setup correctly as Joomla will throw forbidden errors. CB will not. CB will throw a 200 code with a error message in the JSON response for the mass mailer. Alternatively some sort of server problem denying access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312475 by smanderscheid
Replied by smanderscheid on topic CB Mass Mailer - Send Failed - Forbidden
through some trial and error, the forbidden message seems to come up based on the content in the message body or the subject. Are there any parameters to check regarding why this would happen. I did copy plain text from the original message, so I can't imagine its formatting.

4 years 10 months ago #312478 by krileon
Sounds like mod_security is triggering from whatever contents in the message that admin was trying to use. You'd need to contact your host to check if mod_security is throwing any errors as sometimes they filter those out to a separate log instead of logging to server error log.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn