Users and Groups Components of Joomla

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312505 by eviano
Hi there
I thought I may ask here first before I ask at Joomla's forums.

I am seeing an error when I try to access Users' and Groups menu in the backend.

First of all the 'Users' main menu does not have groups and users. Please see attached images.

So, I first click on 'Fields' then from there and from the left side menu, I click on 'Users'.

When I click on 'Users', 'Groups' and 'Viewing Access Levels'. I get "404 Component not found."

When I turn on debug mode, i see the following:

404 Component not found.
/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:367
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:367
2 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101
3 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159
4 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
5 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

Any idea if this error has anything to do Community Builder?

Thank you so much
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312515 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users and Groups Components of Joomla

Any idea if this error has anything to do Community Builder?

Nope, looks like you've an incomplete Joomla install resulting in the users component being missing or your users permissions are broken and you can't access the users component.

Try using Joomlas database fix tools under Extensions > Manage > Database. If the users component is missing somehow (unlikely) you can probably try a discover install within Extensions > Manage > Discover (it'll be listed there if missing). If it's a permissions issue you'll need another user (a Super Users user) to login and fix your permissions or give you the highest possible usergroup (Super Users).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312527 by eviano
Replied by eviano on topic Users and Groups Components of Joomla
I did all of that to no avail. :(
The user account I am using is a super user already.

I guess, I need to ask in Joomla forums.

Thank you for your reply

4 years 10 months ago #312531 by eviano
ok, so I found the source of the problem.

I installed a clean version of Joomla locally.
I checked the database, specifically table #_extensions.
I ran the following sql query in PhpMyAdmin:
SELECT * FROM `test_extensions` WHERE name='com_users'

Then, I compared with the database in the production.
I found out that the column: 'enabled' was set to zero in the production database.

So, I took a back up of the database, then changed this particular value to '1' and Voila, it worked.

I have no idea why it was set to zero, in the first place. It could be an upgrade to a later Joomla version that went wrong.

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 10 months ago #312532 by eviano
Wonderful news, Sarah.
Thank you for your excellent detective work.
Proud of you and your accomplishments....
EV

4 years 10 months ago #312541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users and Groups Components of Joomla
Never seen a Joomla install set a core component as unpublished. Extensions > Manage > Manage might let you enable it again, but certainly won't allow you to disable it. Guess your Joomla install/update failed or was partial somehow.

Thank you for providing your findings encase someone else runs into a similar situation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eviano

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn