CB Gallery - Suddenly no images visible for moderator to be approved

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312570 by erichburkhard
I have been testing my website...also the approval process. Suddenly I have seen that - if I log in as a moderator - I am able to see the link for the media files to be approved, but as soon as I click on this link the message appears that the gallery is empty.... I am using CB Gallery 2.4.0. Can you help me. I have absolutely no idea how this has happened, or if I have misconfigured something somewhere ?!?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312574 by krileon
Appears to be working fine in my tests. See the below of what to expected.

What gallery where those media files uploaded to that are pending approval? A profile gallery, GJ gallery, or directly on a CB Activity stream? You should be able to find them within backend CB Gallery > Media. If uploaded to a profile try navigating directly to that users profile to see if they're visible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312593 by erichburkhard
Hi - attached to this I have found the uploaded pictures in the backend as you told me......everything seems to be OK.

But I think I have found the reason:

I have deleted the installed version: CB Gallery Plugin (ps_cbgallery_2.4.0+build.2019.05.15.16.28.42.6277da0b1) and installed an older version ob the CB Gallery: ps_cbgallery_2.4.0+build.2019.03.08.14.30.33.0670077ad ....and this worked!!!, the moderator was able to approve the pictures as expected....as soon as I upgrade to the newest version (ps_cbgallery_2.4.0+build.2019.05.15.16.28.42.6277da0b1) I get the issues as described......can you verify this?

regards
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #312596 by krileon
My screenshot is from the latest version. The image pending approval is a normal profile upload. Are you sure your user has proper access to it? Visit that users profile and if you can't see it on their profile you've a permissions issue somewhere blocking access to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erichburkhard

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312603 by erichburkhard
Hi - now I have finished several comprehensive tests concerning my issue. But so far I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel ....so lets tell me exactly what I have tested:

Environment: CB 2.4.2.

1. Complete deinstallation of the current CB Gallery plugin and also the corresponding gallery tab.
2. Install CB Gallery: 2.4.0+build.2019.05.15.16.28.42.6277da0b1 (latest version so far) ....
3. Now I have swiched OFF the Approval process under: CB Gallery / Parameters / Photo / Create / Approval = Disable (so no moderation is needed)
4. A community user logs in and uploads some gallery photos. The fotos are visible immediately in his profile (gallery). No yellow triangle visible on the fotos....this means no moderation needed.
5. I switch ON the Approval process under CB Gallery / Parameters / Photo / Create / Approval = Enable (so moderation is needed)
6. A community user logs in and uploads some gallery photos. The fotos are visible immediately in his profile, BUT there is a yellow triangle visible on the fotos ... this means moderation is needed.
7. I log in with a user who has moderator access (frontend). Under the CB Workflow section he sees a links for approving media files..... BUT as soon he clicks on it, there is no photo to release (see screenddump in my earlier posts)
8. I login to the backend: CB plugins / CB Gallery / Media ....there I see the not published foto(s).
9. I publish the fotos manually
10. If the moderator logs in again to the frontend....the link under CB Workflow has disappeared.....(correct)
11. If the community user logs into his profile the yellow triangle also has disappered (correct)

If I do 1. - 11 with the old version: s_cbgallery_2.4.0+build.2019.03.08.14.30.33.0670077ad......this works.....you said you have installed the same latest CB gallery version as I did ...and it works in your installation.....so this means for me that there is something different in the context of our 2 installations.....did you also install the plugin under CB. 2.4.2? .....Or do you have another idea to check in my installation?

regards

4 years 10 months ago #312610 by krileon
In step 7 instead of going to the approval page directly go to the users profile and see if you can see the pending approval photo there.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn