Stripe dispute lost still keeps the subscription active at Stripe

4 years 10 months ago #312687 by activha
Hello Kyle

Ì just noted that a Stripe dispute lost correctly reverses the payment and the subscription state at CBSubs backend, but going to Stripe Dashboard we noticed that the subscription is still marked active at Stripe.

In this case will Stripe automatically issue a new try for a new payment in the set period (one month or one year) ? Shouldn't CBsubs send something to Stripe to expire the subscription at Stripe also ?

that would be better to keep the consistency between the two systems.

Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312689 by krileon
CBSubs is not designed to allow for retries for disputes; it can only handle them for failed recurring payments. It is recommended to not configure Stripe to retry. Currently no it will not send a cancellation if a dispute is lost. Within Settings > Automatic collection under "Manage failed payments" it should be configured not to retry. Have added a feature ticket to review sending a cancellation to Stripe if dispute lost.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7578

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312699 by activha

Within Settings > Automatic collection under "Manage failed payments" it should be configured not to retry.

That is not a visible option. Only choice is to choose the calendar to retry.

One setting in case of failed dispute say "set the subscription as unpaid" instead of "cancel the subscription"

Wouldn't it be better to choose "cancel the subscription" in this case ?

4 years 10 months ago #312709 by krileon

That is not a visible option. Only choice is to choose the calendar to retry.

You have to select "Use custom retry schedule" under "Manage failed payments" then set "Subscription status" to "cancel the subscription" for it to not retry payments. The reason retries won't work for CBSubs is on failed payment webhook we cancel the basket out. If Stripe doesn't do the same you end up in a situation where a payment could be billed twice. I'll be reviewing in a later release to see if we can better support Stripe retry attempts somehow assuming the failed charge webhook has information stating it's going to retry otherwise we just won't have any reliable information to go on.

One setting in case of failed dispute say "set the subscription as unpaid" instead of "cancel the subscription"

Wouldn't it be better to choose "cancel the subscription" in this case ?

Yes, that should be set to cancel the subscription to allow Stripe to clean up after it self. Otherwise in a later release we'll force the clean up with a cancellation API call.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315345 by activha
Hello
I just noticed the same behavior as before with Stripe
Did you move on this subject ?
Customer plan is expired at CBsubs because the dispute was lost, but the subscription is still active at Stripe
We had to expire it manually at Stripe which is a bit of a problem if we have a lot of those disputes

4 years 4 months ago #315351 by krileon
Stripe should be doing that it self. It doesn't make any sense for Stripe to keep the subscription active for a lost dispute. CBSubs Stripe cancelling the subscription at Stripe when a lost dispute IPN is sent has not been implemented; you can track this in the below feature ticket that was provided above.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7578

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn