Latest User Module

4 years 9 months ago #312891 by Huutsch
Latest User Module was created by Huutsch
Hi,

I use CB version 2.4.2 with Joomla 3.9.8.
From the bundle, I have also activated the module Latest User.

Unfortunately, this module also shows me those users who are not activated and not enabled.
Is this behavior wanted?

Furthermore, I think it's a pity that I can not configure to show user names as link to the user profile to send a welcome message to new users with two clicks.
Is there an expansion planned?

Regards
Huutsch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312897 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Latest User Module

Unfortunately, this module also shows me those users who are not activated and not enabled.
Is this behavior wanted?

It does not include users who are blocked, unapproved, or unconfirmed. The query directly excludes them. Be sure you're using CB registration and not Joomla registration. If creating users manually be sure to do so in CB > User Management as your issue could be due to an out of sync database which you can fix by running User Synchronization in CB > Tools.

Furthermore, I think it's a pity that I can not configure to show user names as link to the user profile to send a welcome message to new users with two clicks.

It already shows their usernames as clickable links to their profiles unless you supplied values to "User-text" which overrides the layout or are using the avatar layout which just shows their avatar and is also clickable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313010 by Huutsch
Replied by Huutsch on topic Latest User Module

It does not include users who are blocked, unapproved, or unconfirmed. The query directly excludes them. Be sure you're using CB registration and not Joomla registration. If creating users manually be sure to do so in CB > User Management as your issue could be due to an out of sync database which you can fix by running User Synchronization in CB > Tools.

I am using the CB registry and the users also appear correctly in the CB user management.
See attached image Bild1

The user "Zaubertraum" line 5 should not appear in the frontend, but it does.
See attached image Bild2

It already shows their usernames as clickable links to their profiles unless you supplied values to "User-text" which overrides the layout or are using the avatar layout which just shows their avatar and is also clickable.

I use the module unchanged, no layout customization.
The users are displayed without a link.
Allso see on attached image Bild2
Attachments:

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Latest User Module
That's not CB Online Module. You're using Joomlas Latest Users module. Change your module to a CB Online Module then set Display Mode to Latest Registrations and it'll work as expected. Joomla doesn't check CBs confirmation/approval state so it has no idea if they're confirmed/approved in CB or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, Huutsch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds