[SOLVED] Message after blocking user

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #312912 by ericmuc
[SOLVED] Message after blocking user was created by ericmuc
I blocked another user and then I sent a message to him. By this the blocked user cannot see me anymore, that is right, but the sent message to him is in his message system and without my profile link. So this could be missused with sending bad messages to the blocked user and he don't know who is the bad sender. Could you please check?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message after blocking user
A user block just fails all privacy controls. Sounds like you added privacy controls to the formatname and avatar fields, which are not recommended. formatname, avatar, and canvas should not be privacy controlled since they're used extensively outside of a users profile throughout the site. Recommend checking your privacy settings for the tabs those fields are on, the fields themselves, and the profile privacy field to ensure those fields are not privacy controlled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312917 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Message after blocking user
Hello,
thanks, ok, I checked all.

After studying your video tutorials I saw, that the current cb_privacy plugin has much more fields in the admin area.

So I try to understand all with the descriptions at the single fields. And what I have to say is, I enabled blocking an user and had nothing changed further in the cb privacy plugin. Now I have choosen avatar, formatname and canvas especially as public in cb privacy plugin (excluding fields) and tested the sending of a message to a blocked user.

And unfortunaltely is the same. The blocked user gets the message without the link to the profile of the sender.

I would like to add, that I am using community builder profiler pro (www.joomduck.com/extensions/community-builder-profile-pro) for the profile, hope that this has nothing to do with my probem here.

4 years 9 months ago #312919 by ericmuc
Just 2 further questions to this topic:
1) can an user have a list with his blocked users?
2) how can I arrange the menu entry "Block User"? It is a the top and I would like to have it at the bottom of the menu.

4 years 9 months ago #312921 by ericmuc
Further result:
if the user, who has blocked the other user and sent a message to that user, unblock this user afterwards, the message in the message system of the unblocked user has the link to the profile again

4 years 9 months ago #312927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message after blocking user
You can still message a blocked user. The blocked user can not message you. Bocking a user just causes all privacy controls to fail and stops access to the email form and private messages. It does not do anything else. So if they're not seeing the formatname field or avatar then you've privacy controls on those fields, on their tab, or they're selected to be privacy controlled within the profile privacy field.

You do not need to go to a users profile to block them as they can be blocked from the blocks page; see my below reply to 1 regarding how to do that. Eventually there will be a dropdown option while reading a private message to directly block from the private message, but that's not implemented yet as user blocking is still relatively new.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7603

1) can an user have a list with his blocked users?

Yes, create a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Privacy. From there select Blocks for Action.

2) how can I arrange the menu entry "Block User"? It is a the top and I would like to have it at the bottom of the menu.

At this time you can't as CB Menu has no management and is entirely done through API calls.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn