[SOLVED] Message after blocking user

4 years 9 months ago #312984 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message after blocking user
Please PM super administrator login credentials and will review your configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313002 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Message after blocking user
Thank you, sent pm, best regards
Eric

4 years 8 months ago #313056 by krileon
You enabled forced privacy controls of Public on the tab "Kontaktdaten", which is the tab the "Benutzername" (formatname) field is on. Blocking someone forces all privacy controls for the profiles tabs and fields to fail. This means that is forced from Public to Private and is what is causing your issue. In your case there should've just been no privacy controls at all for "Kontaktdaten" and have disabled them. Next, you did the same to "Benutzername" (formatname) field and have also disabled it there. The same was also done to avatar, canvas, and username which I've also fixed.

Please confirm if your issue is now resolved. Please be careful in the future when enabling privacy controls. Even if using forced privacy controls the blocking feature will force them to fail (it's noted in the blocking features parameters it will force all privacy checks to fail). Note there is also no need to use a forced privacy control of Public as it basically causes it to do nothing unless blocked, which would force that privacy control to then fail (act as if set to Private).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313070 by ericmuc
Hello,
Thanks for checking my settings. Unfortunately the problem is not solved.

Right after installing the cb_privacy plugin I enabled the blocking feature and recognized the missing avatar, canvas and link to the blocking user. At this stage all privacy settings were not set. Then I tried many options and the last was the forced control.

So now it is as is was at the beginning, unfortunately with the same problem.

Please see the attachment (User Erika, you have the credentials in the pm), which shows as an example the last user view with one blocking user without avatar etc.m the same occurs in the pms.

So what now? Is it a bug?

Thanks, Eric
Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #313073 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm there is indeed a bug. The user blocking is currently too aggressive and blocking access to all tabs and fields, which is not intentional. It is only meant to make configured privacy controls fail, block messaging, block connections, and block direct profile access. Have fixed in latest build now released that I've already installed for you and confirmed is now working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 8 months ago #313077 by ericmuc
Best! You have solved it. Many thanks for that, great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn