[SOLVED] Message after blocking user

4 years 9 months ago #312928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message after blocking user
With latest CB Privacy build now available you will not be able to PM, email, or connect with a user you have blocked. In addition to that there's now a dropdown option for private messages to quickly block the user the message was sent from (as long as the user isn't a moderator).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312943 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Message after blocking user
Thanks, I updated the cb_privacy, now a message cannot be send anymore to the blocked user, great!

Now my situation is as follows:
1) avatar and username is not shown in messages from blocking user: solved by disabling a pm to the blocked user
2) but the same occurs at last visitors tab, here avatar and username is not shown also, and the link to the blocking user is away
I checked the privacy settings multiple times, and have set no privacy to any fields at the moment. So what can I do regarding the 2)? I suggest disabling the entry in latest visitors tab of blocked users, is that possible?

4 years 9 months ago #312950 by ericmuc
Further point to this topic:

In the list of blocked users (menu: comprofiler- plugin - cb_privacy - blocked users) also avatar and username is missing:

Case: User 1 blocks User 2, User 2 blocks User 1, result: both users don't see avatar and username of the other, only date and time.
(User 2 can block User 1 by using the blocking function on the page of the blocked users by using the username of User 1, direct access of that profile is forbidden)

can you check this and please improve this?

4 years 9 months ago #312956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message after blocking user
Again, this is because you have privacy controls on those fields, the tabs the fields are on, or you selected within the Profile Privacy field for it to block access to those fields. Do not privacy control the formatname, avatar, or canvas fields as they're used externally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312971 by ericmuc

krileon wrote: You can still message a blocked user. The blocked user can not message you. Bocking a user just causes all privacy controls to fail and stops access to the email form and private messages. It does not do anything else. So if they're not seeing the formatname field or avatar then you've privacy controls on those fields, on their tab, or they're selected to be privacy controlled within the profile privacy field.

You do not need to go to a users profile to block them as they can be blocked from the blocks page; see my below reply to 1 regarding how to do that. Eventually there will be a dropdown option while reading a private message to directly block from the private message, but that's not implemented yet as user blocking is still relatively new.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7603

1) can an user have a list with his blocked users?
Yes, create a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Privacy. From there select Blocks for Action.

2) how can I arrange the menu entry "Block User"? It is a the top and I would like to have it at the bottom of the menu.

At this time you can't as CB Menu has no management and is entirely done through API calls.

Can you please tell me (or give me a hint for further reading), how I arrange the menu entries with the API calls? Thanks

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312973 by ericmuc
Hello,
I attached now my settings (screenshots)

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

I have many settings tried, but all without result:
1) the negativ way: "normal CB settings", thought, that with this no privacy setting of the fileds is possible and that is ok
2) the positiv way: "enforced private-sphere control, public", can imagine that this specific forced setting to public could help

I set the fields avatar, formatname, canvas (and also the field_UE_UNAME to be safe) to 1) and to 2), but without a solution for the problem (see pdf at the end.

So I am now confused. You say, my privacy settings are not right, but I tried many and unfortunately without result. So can you please take a look at the pdf and give me a hint, what I have to do?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn