[#7613] Error on next page userlist

4 years 9 months ago #313007 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic Error on next page userlist
The error log on joomla installation show nothing like the problem. Ive not changed everything on the server. The spoof check is now offnline. It caused a security problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313016 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error on next page userlist
Spoof checking prevents our HTML forms from being submit through programmatic means. Basically it blocks form spamming. Our registration form has a secondary layer of protection so registration spam still won't be possible. Yes, it's a possible security problem as it opens your forms up to spam, but as long as you're not using any public forms in CB (e.g. public email form) you should be ok since the forms would be behind an ACL check at least.

We're reviewing swapping out the cookie for a session variable instead to help avoid these potential problems, but at this time the cookie creation on your site isn't working correctly for that spoof check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313040 by krileon
We've replaced the cookie with a session variable. Please update to latest CB build then enable spoof checking again within CB > Configuration > Integrations and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313045 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic Error on next page userlist
I do this without any effect.
The same alert: means "session is expired or no cookie accept@browser. reload the site before you fill in the form. "

It seems it load a search form before it redirect to the userlist. See thats video:

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313048 by krileon
Have reviewed your install again. Looks like it's "Hot-linking protection for this users-list" causing your issue. I've toggled it off and have added a bug ticket to look into it further as it shouldn't be failing for paging links.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7613

It seems it load a search form before it redirect to the userlist.

That's just because the JS responsible for hiding the search criteria hasn't loaded yet since you're trying to display 40 users on 1 page, which is a lot of data.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn