[SOLVED] acceptedterms: in profile edit = read only?

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312945 by ericmuc
My understanding is as follows:
A new user accept the terms at registration (no opt-out) and afterwards this acception is shown in his profile, but here it may not altered to not accepted anymore. So I gave the field a "Read Only" bt it doesn't work as in other fields. What I have to do? Or what is the idea behind this system field?

(if I set this field to "Required", I cannot save the profile anymore, if the acceptedterms is checked, only if it is unchecked - ?)

EDIT: I find a solution. In config I activated "Mandatory fields in the user administration" and set acceptedterms to required. Now a new line appears: "Accepted on 27.06.2019 11:04." Great!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312953 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic acceptedterms: in profile edit = read only?
Sorry, don't understand. You marked the field as required and read only and can't save profiles in backend or frontend? That's not a valid case for the acceptedterms field. There's no reason to set it as read only if it's marked required as they can't uncheck it without throwing a validation error. If you can provide clear steps to repeat your issue will attempt to duplicate and see if there's a bug of some sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

4 years 9 months ago #312974 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic acceptedterms: in profile edit = read only?
Solved: it is exactly as you wrote, I discovered it by trying out, thanks for the good function with registered date and time!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn