Family Plan / Group Plan option as part of core CBSubs

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313134 by AlexRag
This great! This is really the only feature left to check off as required for my client looking to build a membership site.

The other ones were (and I have not been able to locate it anywhere else (Joomla or Wordpress)
1) having a specific annual expiry date WITH the ability to auto-renew.
2) Option to allow new signups within x number of days of a renewal date to extend their plan to the next renewal date.

If I can set up a family group plan, then it would be a no-brainer to stick with CBSubs. I've spend hours scouring the net to see if there's anything else out there and CBSubs is simply the most highly configurable extension I've ever seen. Family/Group plan is the missing piece of the puzzle!

But I digress.

I did manage to find a couple of Wordpress plugins that come close to what I need and may help you sort out the UX/UI. One uses the "100% off coupon concept (Paid Membership Pro) while the other is close to what I envisioned (Memberpress). I hope these help.

www.paidmembershipspro.com/add-ons/pmpro-sponsored-members/

docs.memberpress.com/article/94-corporate-accounts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313144 by krileon
Thank you for providing your findings. I will certainly review both before beginning development on the integration. For now CB Activity 5.0.0 needs to be completed still (fingers crossed it'll release next week), we'll be bringing our Quickstart packages back (prebundled and preconfigured CB installs all done in a single package), then I'll be looking into developing this integration and with all the great brainstorming done here I'm confident it's doable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

4 years 7 months ago #314185 by AlexRag
Just checking in to see if there is any good news about the progress of a Family/Group Plan feature for CBSubs? ;)

4 years 7 months ago #314194 by krileon
It hasn't started yet. The following is my current task schedule.

1. CB Quickstart (for quickly launching a pre-configured CB site)
2. CB Package Builder (our downloads are too confusing, it's being improved)
3. CBSubs Frontend Payment History
4. CBSubs Family Integration

CB Quickstart is almost completed. It takes awhile due to it depending on several plugins and needing some fixes/features in those plugins. It also needs to be more or less perfect on launch as it's not really meant for being re-installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314222 by AlexRag
Awesome! Glad to that its in the top 5 and soon to be 3rd up the list! Looking forward to it!

4 years 7 months ago #314351 by AlexRag
In addition the the Wordpress membership plugins that have a family/group plan feature (previous post), I also learned this Joomla one has a similar feature - www.joomdonation.com/joomla-extensions/membership-pro-joomla-membership-subscription.html

This may help as well.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn