[#7610] Trouble with Conditional hide for Tabs for both view profile and edit profile

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312970 by rgarderet
Hello,
I am struggling with getting a conditional hide for a Tab.
I would like the tab to hide under two conditions, in two different places:
Hide on Profile VIEW if the logged in viewer (#me) is not accredited. (I don't want them to be able to view other people's details)
Hide on Profile EDIT if the logged in editor person is of type "investor" (its not info I want to gather from investors, just others)

I have set up the attached conditions. In both cases, the fields I'm checking refers to the logged in viewer (e.g. [cb:userdata field="cb_profile_type" user="#me" /]
The first condition works, but when I add the second condition, as an OR, and supposedly just affecting the Profile EDIT, it still hides the profile on the edit view even when the condition is not met.

Do you know where I might be going wrong - is what I'm doing allowed? (ie can you mix in different conditions and locations).

Thanks very much,
Remy.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312983 by krileon
Was able to confirm. Your second condition should not be triggering in profile edit. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7610

This only appears to apply to static conditions (e.g. Custom > Value). Doesn't appear to do this when using conditions against a field selected from the dropdown.

is what I'm doing allowed? (ie can you mix in different conditions and locations).

Yes, that's allowed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312986 by krileon
Ok, this is fixed in latest build available now. It wasn't accounting for an empty OR case due to location parameter. It now will so your conditions should immediately work as expected after updating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312989 by rgarderet
Thank you Kyle, for the extremely fast turnaround and fix. I'll update and let you know if there are any remaining problems. I was seeing several strange things, when doing a nested logic, but I think they mostly use the fixed value you mention above.

4 years 9 months ago #312990 by rgarderet
A quick question - when you say it will work after updating, do you mean on the next release? I'm on 2.4.2 right now. (I guess I'm not sure if there is something else I can do to update it at my end at this point)

4 years 9 months ago #312992 by krileon
Be sure you're using the latest CB build. If you're on 2.4.2 you're on a stable build and will want to update to 2.4.2+build.2019.06.27.15.31.11.52a85fbbe. Next just update CB Conditional and your condition should be working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: rgarderet

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn