[SOLVED] What triggers the change of a subscription from Active to Expired

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313081 by RobertvanderHulst
There are several subscriptions for a plan on our website for which the end date has passed.
In the past I have seen that messages were sent to users, that subscriptions were marked as 'Expired' and that their accounts were removed from the group that is linked to the plan.

What triggers this ?
It looks like this is not working at this moment, since the status is still 'Active' and the user has not been removed from the group that is connected to the plan.

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313103 by krileon
Expirations are triggered based off whatever you have "Mass expire subscriptions method" set to within CBSubs > Settings > Global. Default is it requires an admin to view backend of CBSubs. Ideally you'd setup a CRON task to run the provided URL (on that same page and tab) nightly to automate triggering expirations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313104 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,

krileon wrote: Expirations are triggered based off whatever you have "Mass expire subscriptions method" set to within CBSubs > Settings > Global. Default is it requires an admin to view backend of CBSubs. Ideally you'd setup a CRON task to run the provided URL (on that same page and tab) nightly to automate triggering expirations.

I have now tried this (run the CRON job) and the subscriptions that expired last week are still shown as 'Active'.
I have already deleted the users from the group that is associated to the subscription manually.

What could be wrong?

Robert

4 years 9 months ago #313109 by krileon
Do you have a grace period configured for the plan they're subscribed to? They may not be truly expired yet due to the grace period.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313111 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,

krileon wrote: Do you have a grace period configured for the plan they're subscribed to? They may not be truly expired yet due to the grace period.

Yes, that was it.
There are too many options. I had overlooked this one. Sorry about that.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn