[#7670] Field group field being shown separately

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313564 by MichaelKleeberg
[#7670] Field group field being shown separately was created by MichaelKleeberg
I´m sorry, but if I use two fields in a group field, this two fields will be shown seperatly, too. This should be a new bug - thanks for fixing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field group field being shown separately
What do you mean shown separately? The original fields output should be suppressed. This is the case in all my tests including on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Ensure you've properly configured your field group. Fields included in it should be selected in the "Fields" within Parameters > Display.

Please also be sure to use a more descriptive topic title in the future. Have changed the title for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313566 by krileon
Ok, looks like there's a scenario this can happen. If the field being added to the field group is on a different tab and rendered after the field group field it's possible for it to still get displayed mistakenly. Am working on a fix for a new build release for today.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7670

Typically you should just place field group fields directly above it in the field ordering.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313567 by krileon
This is now fixed in the latest build available now. Please update and confirm if you've any further issues. It should have no problems suppressing the display now while still allowing substitutions to function on fields inside of field groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaelKleeberg

4 years 8 months ago #313571 by MichaelKleeberg
Replied by MichaelKleeberg on topic Field group field being shown separately
Amazing - now it works again. Thanks for this fast support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn