CB Gallery: capacity and GoogleDrive links

4 years 8 months ago #313792 by Tegger
Hello CB Team!

CB Gallery capacity:
Can CB Gallery handle huge amount of pictures? We would like to set up in hundreds of Gallery folders over 25 thousands images. And after the community will increase the amount.
Can CB Gallery deal with it?
Is there any technical capacity that we might aware of?

CB Gallery GoogleDrive links:
It is not supported now. Do you plan in future CB Gallery allows link GoogleDrive links?
Would it be a hard customization for a developer?

Thanks,
Tegger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313799 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery: capacity and GoogleDrive links

CB Gallery capacity:
Can CB Gallery handle huge amount of pictures? We would like to set up in hundreds of Gallery folders over 25 thousands images. And after the community will increase the amount.
Can CB Gallery deal with it?

It absolutely can. CB Gallery has been performance tested with over 1 million gallery entries and albums.

Is there any technical capacity that we might aware of?

Your only issue maybe server storage capacity. CB Gallery currently does not support external storage so you'll need to be sure your server can handle storing that much data.

CB Gallery GoogleDrive links:
It is not supported now. Do you plan in future CB Gallery allows link GoogleDrive links?

We do not currently support external storage. External storage methods will be explored in the, unfortunately distant, future for CB it self. The plan is to implement a generic implementation in CB that every plugin would then also utilize. As for what external storage would be supported we'd likely support Google Drive and Amazon AWS at the least.

Would it be a hard customization for a developer?

That depends on if you mean an actual web developer that knows how to code then no it shouldn't be difficult. There would be some learning curve if they're not experienced with Joomla or CB at all though. All of the storage code and display code would likely need to be changed to handle this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.132 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn