[SOLVED] Own Profile under Account, other Profiles under Community

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313797 by ericmuc
Hi,
I am looking for a solution to have:
1) "all profiles" (2. level) in the menu system under for example "community" (1. level)
and
2) "own profile" (2. level) under the menu "account" (1. level)
So if another profile is shown, the menu entry "community" is marked, if the own profile is shown, the menu entry "account" is marked
Is that possible?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313801 by krileon
CB will use the first profile menu item it finds for its Itemid. My suggestion is to have a hidden menu item called Profiles or Profile so it's generic. Then use Menu Aliases to link to that menu item with different names. So you would have a menu alias linking to it called Account. Community sounds like a menu item to your userlist and doesn't need anything special here beyond linking to your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

4 years 8 months ago #313832 by ericmuc
Thanks, I implement your suggestion:
1) hidden menu with CB profiles
2) alias named "My Profile" under account
But what I need and what is not solved: if a foreign profile is shown, the alias under account is marked active.
What I need is:
1) own profile is shown: account/own profile menu link is marked active
2) foreign profile is shown: a) no menu link is active or b) better a menu link named "Profiles" under a menu entry with the userlists is active
I tried already 2) b) but only the alias menu entry "Profiles" is marked active (not the main level entry) and also again the Account with the alias "My profile"
Do you have a solution for this?

(would be nice if the menu entry to the own profile can be made with the current logged in [userid], but I don't know, whether it works in some way)

4 years 8 months ago #313833 by ericmuc
I have found a solution, I think such a solution you meant:
1) 1. userprofile menu link under main menu entry "XXX" with name "View Profile"
2) 2. userprofile menu link under man menu entry "Account" with name "View My Profile"
With this I have what I want, so far so good: all profiles show menu entry XXX marked as active, own profile show menu entry Account as active.
Last question: if I use the menu entry of 1) "View Profile" directly again my own profile is shown, but with XXX marked as active. Best would be to have here an immediate redirect (only with clicking the menu entry) to 2) "View My Profile". Can you suggest a solution for this?

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313834 by ericmuc
Ok, a further post of me: I took over your suggestion to put 1) in the hidden menu. So no main menu entry is shown active by viewing any profile, only the own profile is under account. That should be ok.
Thanks for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313848 by ericmuc
In addition to my posts:
I realized that the URL from the hidden menu is used in CB menu and the cb login module. This have to be changed, for example with a replacer.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn