[SOLVED] System Email text in a multilanguage website

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314238 by lucablue
Hi,
I've installed CB and CB subscription in a joomla multilanguage website. In the configuration of CB, under "Registration" tab, normally I find the text of the different emails system send to new users (welcome, autorhized and so on), but in this case I find only the TEXT_STRING_DIFFERENT_PER_LANGUAGES.

Where can I find the original english text to translate and insert per every language?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic System Email text in a multilanguage website
The default language strings for registration emails are as follows.

Pending Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_SUBJECT
Pending Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE

Welcome Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_SUBJECT
Welcome Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314318 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic System Email text in a multilanguage website
Yes, the strings are that. I'd like to know where are the language text replace them for any language installed. In which file or where.

4 years 6 months ago #314319 by krileon
You don't modify language files anymore. Use the built in language overrides functionality if you want to translate them. See the below on how to use language overrides. If you modify language files directly you could create an invalid format that'd break language loading or if you modify the main language files of a language plugin you will lose your changes anytime that plugin updates.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314321 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic System Email text in a multilanguage website
I've tried this, before write here in the forum, but when I insert the tag text no translation appears (the default I mean, the same appears when I install CB in a website NOT multilanguage)

If I install CB in a multilanguage website is there not the sample text for english?

Thank you

4 years 6 months ago #314322 by krileon
The language overrides only apply to the language you've added the override to. The fallback behavior was a bug and has been since fixed. So if you've 3 language plugins and want to override it in all 3 you must add your override to each of them. The language used for emails should be the language of the user receiving the email.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn