[SOLVED] System Email text in a multilanguage website

4 years 7 months ago #314323 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic System Email text in a multilanguage website

krileon wrote: The language overrides only apply to the language you've added the override to. The fallback behavior was a bug and has been since fixed. So if you've 3 language plugins and want to override it in all 3 you must add your override to each of them. The language used for emails should be the language of the user receiving the email.

I know this, I ask another thing: The normal installation of CB, instead of the tag_text, inside registration tab, there is some demo text "Dear [username], thank you for registering..."

I want to know if there is something like this in the multilanguage version. Or I've to take from another website not multilanguage.

Is it more clear?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic System Email text in a multilanguage website
That's just the old text before we added the language strings. Previously the string text was just all there. Sometime during CB 2.x releases we added language strings for those parameters, which became the new defaults. You can use the defaults as provided in one of my earlier replies, add your own language strings for those parameters, or just directly add whatever text/html you want there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314344 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic System Email text in a multilanguage website
ahhhh ok, now it's clear... I was thinking these strings were only if I apply the CB to a multilanguage Joomla! Website.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn