Change Login module encryption setting in database

4 years 6 months ago #314397 by richbrundage
I need to disable login form encryption for a site imported to a local machine that does not have SSL capability, but I can't login to do it through the site menu. I can't find where this is set in the site database, it doesn't appear to be in entry for mod_cblogin the #_extensions or #_modules tables.

Richard Brundage

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314400 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Change Login module encryption setting in database
I was able gain access to the administrator side of the site by disabling encryption on the Joomla administor login module, by editing the entry for mod_login in #_modules. Note there are several versions of this module, and I am not sure how you tell which is the one for the administrator site, except perhaps the low ID number, in my case 2. You want to change the text usesecure":"1 to usesecure":"0" in the params.

Once logged into the administrator site you can use the Extensions -> Modules menu to access the mod_cblogin Login and Logout settings and change Encrypt Login Form from Yes to No.

Still do not know where this setting is stored in the database.

Richard Brundage

4 years 6 months ago #314405 by krileon
That setting in CB Login Module has nothing to do with backend logins. It only applies to frontend logins. My guess is you've configured Joomla to enforce HTTPS site wide within Joomla global configuration. Edit configuration.php and change $force_ssl to 0 to turn that off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314409 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Change Login module encryption setting in database
Please note my second message, which indicated I found that the issue was with the admin login module, which I changed to allow unecrypted login through the setting in #_modules.

I am still wondering where the encrypt mod_cblogin setting is in the database, out of curiousity for other situations where I might have to change something in a module setting thourgh the database instead of the control panel. I was surprised it wasn't found in #_modules or #_extensions.

For others with encryption issues, it is also possible that encryption is forced on the entire site through the .httaccess file.

Richard Brundage

4 years 6 months ago #314414 by krileon
For CB Login Module it's just a module parameter so it'll be in the params column for the modules row in the _modules table. Not sure why you need to change it in the database if you've access to admin area of the site.

For others with encryption issues, it is also possible that encryption is forced on the entire site through the .httaccess file.

The configuration setting provided in my previous reply can impact the entire site as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn