[#7742] CBSubs & 'Stripe' - How to prevent the display of 'billing address' fields

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314761 by erichburkhard
As a payment provider I am using 'Stripe'. To prevent that the billing address fields are going to be displayed to the user while paying, I have set the following entries inside the corresponding payment gateway of CBSubs:

Although I have set the field "Ask for card billing address..." to 'No', the corresponding address fields will be displayed. So does it mean that the setting of the field: "Ask for card billing address...." has no impact when used together with the 'Hosted (checkout)' setting?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314763 by krileon
We don't set billingAddressCollection (billing_address_collection for session usage) for Checkout usage so it should default to only displaying if necessary. Will review seeing if it's necessary to explicitly send "auto" for it to only display when necessary.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7742

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314770 by krileon
Ok, have reviewed the issue and it's defaulted to "auto" and will only display if the billing address is necessary for Stripe. Stripe does not provide a means of turning off billing address. It's either always on via "required" or it's on when necessary via "auto".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn