[#7771] Problem reloading a step-based registration form

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #315276 by Aless76
Dear Joomlapolis Team,

I successfully created a step-based registration form according to your tutorial "Tabbed step-based registration forms".
The form will start from Tab1 and then will go to Tab2, Tab3... and so on.
But there's a problem...

For example if I press the "reload page" button in the browser (key F5) while I'm in the Tab3... The browser reloads the page at the specific Tab3 but in the while I have lost all the data submitted in the previous Tabs (Tab1 and Tab2 in this example)...

The same problem happens if I start the registration process, I proceed to Tab2 or 3, then I click the home button and then again I click to "register" to restart again the registration process. In this case I'm redirected to the Tab2 or 3 (where I was before clicking home button) but in the while I have lost all the data from the preeceding Tabs.

Is there a way to make the form always restart from the first Tab? Maybe a "validation process" that send me to the first Tab if a field from Tab1 is empty?

Moreover is there a way to "identify" the specific Tab so I can create a link that send me directly to that Tab?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alessandro.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315279 by krileon
Step by Step isn't supposed to cache the active tab so that is certainly a bug. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7771

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315308 by Aless76
Thanks for the quick answer and for the bug ticket opened, I hope the team will solve this bug as soon as possible.

In the while, in your opinion... Is there anything I can do to avoid the problem? Is there a specific url or anchor to the first tab that I can use to send the user everytime he clicks on the "register" button?

Thanks in any case.

Alessandro.

4 years 5 months ago #315309 by krileon
You won't be able to reliably override every registration URL. There is no way to avoid this issue at this time, but it shouldn't be a major problem. Even if it starts them off on the wrong tab worst case they need to use the Previous button. A fix for this will be out sometime today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315420 by Aless76
Hi Krileon,

downloaded right now the new update. Problem solved!

Thnaks!

Alessandro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn