CB Conditional and CB Subs during registration... Is it possible?

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315338 by Aless76
Dear Joomlapolis Team,

I managed to create two kinds of registration forms using CB Conditional plugin by showing or hiding fields and tabs according to "user types" (sportclubs or athletes):

1) sportclubs: they have tabs A,B,C
2) athletes: they have tabs A,B,C, D, E, F

Now with CB Subs I want to make the sportclubs that subscribe a "premium plan" during registration, able to see athletes tabs E and F.

The problem is that if I hide tabs E and F to sportclubs with CB Conditional and (at the same time) I make them visible to sportclubs with CB Subs with a premium subscription... The tabs E and F are always visible during the registration, so sportclubs see tabs A, B, C, D, E, F instead of only A, B, C.

I think I found a very old post about a similar problem:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/157350-conflict-with-conditional-plugin-and-cbsubs

So I'd like to ask you if there's a way to make the registration works as I want:
During the registration process, sportclubs will have only tabs A, B, C while Athletes will have tabs A, B, C, D, E, F
After the registration is complete and sportclubs buy a premium plan they will be able to see athletes A, B, C, D, E, F tabs.
If sportclubs don't buy a premium plan they will only see athletes tabs A, B, C.

Is this possible? Where am I wrong?

Thanks as always for the help.

Alessandro.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315348 by Aless76
UPDATE:

After several attempts, I managed to setup the CbSubs correctly, at least in the registration phase.

My "fault" was to work on "Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions" instead of working on "Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions".

If I use the "availability" function, the registration process seems to work fine. :-)

I will make some more test to check if in this way everything works fine with registered users that subscribe a premium plan.

In case you think I'm making some mistake, please let me know! :-)

Thanks in advance as always.

Alessandro.

4 years 4 months ago #315349 by krileon
That should be possible since CB Conditional is conditioning against the profile owners profile data to determine if the tab or field should be shown. Next you'd use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to condition the tab based off the viewing users subscription. You'll likely need to use the detailed mode for the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection as you need it to exclude the profile owner. Plugin load order is important in this case as well since one of these conditions will have to take place first and that first condition will have priority so you'll want CB Conditional ordered before CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection in CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aless76

4 years 4 months ago #315421 by Aless76
Hi Krileon,

Something is not working... :-(

I spent many hours experimenting and I found that if I use CB Conditional to hide/show some FIELD belonging to a specific TAB during the registration process, then:

1) If I go to the "Tab Management" and I use CB Subs Fields Tabs Protect (option B) to show/hide the specific TAB... The registration process messes up and CB Conditional doesn't work anymore;

On the contrary...

2) If I go to to the "Field Management" and I use CB Subs Fields Tabs Protect (option B) to show/hide all the single FIELDS (belonging to the specific TAB)... The registration process is fine and CB Conditional works fine.

So CB Conditional works fine if I use CB Subs to protect Fields, while It does not work if I protect Tabs... :-(
But I suppose "CB Subs Protection" component should work the same way with both fields and tabs... or not?

Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

Alessandro.

4 years 4 months ago #315423 by krileon
The tab protection likely will indeed conflict. Tab loading behavior is quite a bit different from field behavior so the likelihood of conflict is a lot higher. The two integrations aren't really designed to be used at the same time unfortunately.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315426 by Aless76
Hi Krileon,

thanks for the quick answer. I hope the conflict will be solved in a future update...

I will try to use Fields instead of Tabs to continue the development of my website (it's better than nothing)

Thanks anyway.

Alessandro.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn