Question: search field in Drop Down (Single Select)

4 years 3 months ago #315755 by ericmuc
Hi,

The country list in a Drop Down (Single Select) is very long, if I want to add all the countries of whole world.

Here it would be great to have a search box at the top (the field itself) to filter the right country.

Is that possible?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315756 by ericmuc
Next question to this field:
I have ordered the country list by the english names.
But if I switch the names to German, they should be ordered also alphabetical.

So
Austria (1)
German (2)
should be
Deutschland (2)
Österreich (1)

How can I get this work?
Thanks, best regards
Eric

4 years 3 months ago #315757 by ericmuc
One futher message from me. I found now www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/345-cb-query-field/tutorials/18377-configuring-a-country-field-with-cb-query-field-plugin

I did exactly all steps and I have the field in my profile, but without showing data.

Can you please check, whether this tutorial should work with the latest version?

I could use this here, but how I can have translated names and a new sorting in the different languages?

Thanks a lot, best regards
Eric

4 years 3 months ago #315765 by krileon

Here it would be great to have a search box at the top (the field itself) to filter the right country.

Is that possible?

No, we do not currently provide our CB Select jQuery usage for frontend. Best I can suggest is use a Text field and its Auto Complete feature to provide similar behavior. It's possible to force our CB Select jQuery plugin usage on frontend using CB Auto Actions, but it may or may not work with certain other features like CB Conditional. See the below on how to do this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236533-solved-which-field-type-for-multiple-choices-from-a-list?start=6#307255

I did exactly all steps and I have the field in my profile, but without showing data.

Can you please check, whether this tutorial should work with the latest version?

That tutorial is very old, but should still work. If you've CBSubs installed you can just use the database tables it provides for this. See the below on how to do this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240757-query-drop-down-single-select-displaying-value-not-label-after-update?start=6#311513

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #315790 by ericmuc
Hi,
Thanks, now I got it working with the old documentation.

Now only the question to the translation procedure remains. Do you have an suggestion to this?

Shall I change all the names like "name" to "cb_name" (country and continent_full) in the "country_info" and write the translations in language overrides?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

4 years 3 months ago #315793 by krileon
The label column used in a query select field will run through translations so yes if you want them translated you'll need to add language overrides for those.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn