[SOLVED] hide html-field regarding to privacy setting of other fields?

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315802 by ericmuc
Hi,
I am using a html-field as a headline for a group of fields in the profile view.

The group of fields can be set to "Users" with the privacy button by the user. And he can set all the fields of the group to "Users", so that none of these fields are shown public.

By his the html-field as a headline is the only one which is shown in public view. Without any content below.

Question: how can I set the html-field with conditional function, that it is hided in public view, if all of the fields of the group have the privacy setting "Users"? Or how can I set the html-field automatically to the same privacy setting "Users", if all other fields are set to "Users"?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315813 by krileon
You can enable privacy on the HTML field as well. Set it to have the same privacy settings as your other field except change Asset for the HTML fields privacy controls to profile.field.FIELD_ID_HERE where FIELD_ID_HERE should be the id of your other field. This should cause the HTML field to use the same privacy as your other field. Please be sure you've latest CB Privacy build installed or this may not work reliably. The alternative is you should be able to surround your HTML fields content with an IF substitution checking that your other field isn't empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315816 by ericmuc
Hi,
Thanks, but I don't understand:

"Set it to have the same privacy settings as your other field except change Asset for the HTML fields privacy controls to profile.field.FIELD_ID_HERE where FIELD_ID_HERE should be the id of your other field."

How can I do this?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

4 years 4 months ago #315828 by krileon
Edit the HTML field and under Integrations > CB Privacy you can adjust the privacy for that field. The Asset parameter for the privacy controls is directly at the top of the privacy parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315833 by ericmuc
Hi,
I don't get this at the moment. You mean this (see image)?

I have three other fields and only if all three are set with privacy to "users", the html field shall automatically set also to "users". If one field of the three is set to public, the html field can be public as it is the standard value.

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #315836 by krileon
Your CB Privacy is out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn