GroupJive Events custom fields

4 years 2 months ago #316435 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive Events custom fields

Did you enable substitutions for the output?

Yes this is enabled for output also but it only displays [cb_marketing_multiplier] and not the substitution.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Events custom fields

Yes this is enabled for output also but it only displays [cb_marketing_multiplier] and not the substitution.

Are you sure the field name is correct in your substitution? That typically means the field doesn't exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316443 by activha
I found that it was controlled by CBSubs for availability :-(
That explained why it displayed only the non substituted data. Maybe you could add a text saying controlled or not visible in such circumstances ?

BTW can you tell me what is the variable to use in an auto action in order to display this field which belongs to the event owner ? shall I set the user to something particular or make a query ?

4 years 2 months ago #316445 by krileon

I found that it was controlled by CBSubs for availability :-(
That explained why it displayed only the non substituted data. Maybe you could add a text saying controlled or not visible in such circumstances ?

Raw [FIELD_NAME] substitutions should always be accessible, but worst case you just access the user object directly yourself if needed. Example as follows.

return array( 'id' => 'mutliplier', 'title' => $user->get( 'cb_marketing_multiplier' ), 'content' => $content );

BTW can you tell me what is the variable to use in an auto action in order to display this field which belongs to the event owner ? shall I set the user to something particular or make a query ?

Unless you set the owner of the auto action via the User parameter you won't be able to. The event owner user object is not built and passed to that trigger. Only the user executing the trigger is passed through. The event display trigger variables are as follows.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'gj_onDisplayEvent', array( &$row, &$menu, $group, $user ) );

To force the User to be built from the event owner you need to adjust your auto action as follows.

User: Specific
User IDs: [var1_user_id]

All substitutions in your auto action should then come from the event owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316450 by activha

event display trigger variables

Thanks for above

With this trigger, where is the output displayed ? I tried
return $content;
or
return array( 'id' => 'mutliplier', 'title' => 'MFL [cb_marketing_multiplier]', 'content' => $content );

but it does not show up in the group event tab display ?

4 years 2 months ago #316451 by krileon
You've mixed 2 questions in 1 topic so there's a bit of confusion here. The array usage is for adding a new tab to the group, which you asked about below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/242024-groupjive-events-custom-fields?limitstart=0#316347

For gj_onDisplayEvent you'd just do a return output and it will output in the footer of the event. There is no other placement options available unless you move the trigger results in the template files.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn