Issue with expired plans not correctly changing user group membership (??)

4 years 1 month ago #316533 by mikerotec
Hmmm...

I have the plan's 'Grace period before real expiration:' set to 0

But I see that some users whose Paid subscription expired some time ago are still showing with the "Paid" usergroup.
They were supposed to devolve back to only 'registered' users, on subscription expiry.

A number of users Expired 02/01/2020 ( and earlier...)

are still showing group memberships 'Paid Subscribers' and "Registered". ( should now belong only to 'registered')...

All of the ones I have checked so far have not logged in since before their subscription expiry - does their group membership update on their next login??

PS: If this is a glitch, I'm not sure when this started happening... now running CB 2.4.3 on Joomla 3.9.15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316544 by krileon
Are you triggering expirations regularly? By default expiration is triggered by accessing CBSubs backend. Typically most reliable way to trigger expirations is to configure a CRON task to run the URL provided under "Automation settings" in CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316553 by mikerotec
yes, the cron task listed there runs every day: example from cron logs...
Feb  1 11:15:01 c7 CROND[20771]: (root) CMD (curl "https://[redacted]?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=autopayments&key=[redacted]&format=raw")

4 years 1 month ago #316557 by krileon
Is their subscription showing as expired within CBSubs > Subscriptions? Are you adding the usergroup via the parameter under the Access tab or using CB Auto Actions?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316560 by mikerotec
We do not use auto-actions, usergroup is added under the Access tab.

Looking at one example user, they are showing Expired Paid subscription, but still belong to the Paid Users group. They are also members of the Free and registered groups, and show an Active Free subscription. It's a very old entry though, from almost a decade ago back when we had expiring Paid subscriptions revert to Free ones ( we no longer do that - preferring to have them stay in "registered" group until they either renew their paid subscription, or request a manual change to a free subscription).

I'm looking for a more recent example now...

4 years 1 month ago #316561 by mikerotec
hmmm, and what's a little odd is that I see a user whose paid account expired 3 days ago is now a member of "Free" user group.

But now I see what has happened there... the user was originally a "Free" lifetime user, and that account never expires. After their Paid account expired, it seems that one just took over again. Is there any way we can make All paid expirys revert just to "registered" group - even if they had previously upgraded from"Free lifetime"?

As far as I can recall, if a user signed up as Paid to begin with, their account user membership devolves to simply "registered" group, if the Paid subscription expires. The 'Paid User" subscription is our default subscription plan...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn