[SOLVED] Manually changing the exchange rate

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316609 by sorozco
Hello.

We use american dollars as the main currency, and mexican pesos as the secondary. The exchange rate when users select pesos is very low. We would like to set our own exchange rate. Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manually changing the exchange rate
The exchange rate should be updated regularly from European Central Bank so should be completely accurate. There's no functionality to manually override currencies. I suppose you could try forcing it in the database, but your changes will likely be lost when it updates the exchange rates. Recommend confirming the exchange rate within CBSubs > Currencies.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316623 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Manually changing the exchange rate
But you can configure a multiplying factor in the CBSubs settings, first tab in the multicurrency, under "Markup of prices when not in currency of plan (in %)". That way, your conversion rate will always take in account your multi-currency extra-costs ;-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 2 months ago #316631 by sorozco
Replied by sorozco on topic Manually changing the exchange rate
Great Beat! That will work.

If I set a 5 in that field, it means there will be an increase of 5%? Or, should I set as 1.05% to get the 100% of the original price plus a 5%? It sounds to me that the first option is the way it works, but I want to be sure.

4 years 2 months ago #316635 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Manually changing the exchange rate
> If I set a 5 in that field, it means there will be an increase of 5%

Yes, that's how it works. But best is to test it yourself to make sure it does the result you wish.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 2 months ago #316680 by sorozco
Replied by sorozco on topic Manually changing the exchange rate
Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn