eCommerce Shopping Cart Best Practices Integration with CB

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316792 by dwgarrett
Hi, working to build a public, CB, GJ, K2 news + social media website, able to support high traffic volume.

Our aim is to make the site robust, using well-proven components and best practices, avoiding customization as much as possible etc to facilitate stability, security, upgrades and manageability.

Using the CB forum Advanced Search for "virtuemart" gets a single hit, "eCommerce" gets 0 hits, not sure how to research this, or if I'm asking the right questions!

1. With the above goals in mind, what is the best shopping cart for a large number of products, including CB user integration?

2. Does CB integrate directly with any Shopping Cart extensions?

3. If not, what is the best way to integrate the preferred Shopping Cart with CB user registration, what are the reputable options?

Thanks!

Donald Garrett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316793 by dwgarrett
Note: Joomlapolis website has been slow for the last hour, the forum is dog slow!

Edit: It came back up to speed about 30 minutes later.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316804 by krileon

1. With the above goals in mind, what is the best shopping cart for a large number of products, including CB user integration?

We don't provide a shopping cart. CBSubs does have a basket to purchase multiple plans at once and does have merchandise plans, but it's designed primarily for managing subscriptions.

2. Does CB integrate directly with any Shopping Cart extensions?

No idea, we don't test other developers extensions.

3. If not, what is the best way to integrate the preferred Shopping Cart with CB user registration, what are the reputable options?

Generally you shouldn't need to integrate anything as they typically just use Joomla user object, which CB will of course create at time of registration. If you do need to push additional information to a 3rd party extension you can typically accomplish that using CB Auto Actions either with PHP in a Code action or SQL in a Query action.

Note: Joomlapolis website has been slow for the last hour, the forum is dog slow!

Does that sometimes based off traffic as we get a lot of traffic here. We also run maintenance operations later at night during low traffic so depends on the time of day.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dwgarrett

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn