CB Activity Create an entry with a special asset ref

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316866 by activha

You're trying to force GJ Events and CB Activity to do something it was never designed to do, which could be a problem later down the road as both plugins change.

A marketing campaign is roughly an event with a date of start and a date of end, located in a place, with people and can consist of text, images or video. So yes an event component is the best thing to manage this and GJ event seems the lightest and easiest to do this.

The thing is that the form to add event is not friendly enough for general public as is the form of CB Activity. People know facebook and some know how to publish links and pictures, but few. Most of them only share.

This is why the combination of CB Activity entry form and GJ Events is fine for general public. Of course GJ Event is fine enough for marketing manager in companies who want to add a campaign and know enough of software uses. But for the general public, they just don't know or don't care.

I have searched components and extensions on Joomla store but again, GJ Events seems the easiest and the lightest to do what we want to achieve in real life.

Hope evolution of these two will not contradict our plans but for now, it's a good combination.

My suggestion would be to change GJ Events entry form to match GJ Activities entry form for the message and tweak a little the presentation for mobiles.

That would be so easier to add a link for our users to simply add new events if we could make the form more user friendly to automatically deal with links, videos and so on

BTW I have also noticed that when a GJ Event did not have an end date it was displayed as ended. That should not be the case, it should stay open since the start date and display without an end.

$variables->set( 'asset', 'event.wanted.[var3_id].profile.[user_id].action.[var3_params_action_id]' );
$variables->store();

This works fine with the triggers activity_onAfterCreateStreamActivity and activity_onAfterUpdateStreamActivity for creation of activities. However when an activity is modified, all corrections are correctly stored but instead of returning the activity page, I only get the json message and have to go back to display the correct page.

It only happens with the autoaction published, else the modifications are fine

This behavior is not new and always has been since I try different triggers. The params are Substitutions : yes , Reference : variable 3, Debug : yes or no it's the same, Output : none or silent or return is the same result

Can you tell me what's wrong ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316868 by krileon

Hope evolution of these two will not contradict our plans but for now, it's a good combination.

It absolutely will. GJ Events will be deprecated and removed in the future. It will be replaced by CB Events, which will provide generalize event list and calendar solution that can be used within GJ and standalone. It'll be similar to CB Activity and CB Gallery in that there can be an unlimited amount of event lists or calendars. It then will integrate with CB Activity for easy creating of events from a stream similar to CB Gallery allowing upload from CB Activity.

My suggestion would be to change GJ Events entry form to match GJ Activities entry form for the message and tweak a little the presentation for mobiles.

With the above in mind GJ plugins are basically on a feature freeze. GJ Files, GJ Videos, and GJ Photos are officially replaced with CB Gallery integration through CB Auto Actions and GJ Wall is replaced by CB Activity integration. Once the integrations are moved into GJ and out of CB Auto Actions migration code will be added for those plugins and they will be removed. Same will be done for GJ Events once CB Events is available.

BTW I have also noticed that when a GJ Event did not have an end date it was displayed as ended. That should not be the case, it should stay open since the start date and display without an end.

Does it display in the right order or is it pushed to the bottom of the events list? If it displays in the right order, but shows as expired it's likely just a bug in the template file.

This works fine with the triggers activity_onAfterCreateStreamActivity and activity_onAfterUpdateStreamActivity for creation of activities. However when an activity is modified, all corrections are correctly stored but instead of returning the activity page, I only get the json message and have to go back to display the correct page.

Are you trying to output something on those triggers? Do not output anything in your auto action. Its output should be set to default None. If there's an error in your code that could be throwing an error, warning, or notice that would also disrupt the output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316887 by activha

It will be replaced by CB Events,

That's fine, in this case, we won't use CB Activity to create an event for now and focus only on GJ event edit page . This is ok for us to use an event component, as I wrote, this seems the best thing to do.

Any idea when you'll have a beta of CB Events ?

Does it display in the right order or is it pushed to the bottom of the events list? If it displays in the right order, but shows as expired it's likely just a bug in the template file.

Yes it does display in the right order but it shows expired with a mention. All events without end dates show as expired. The template is the default one.

Are you trying to output something on those triggers?

No there are no outputs, it works fine with the creation process; only the modification process outputs a json element.

4 years 1 month ago #316889 by krileon

That's fine, in this case, we won't use CB Activity to create an event for now and focus only on GJ event edit page . This is ok for us to use an event component, as I wrote, this seems the best thing to do.

Any idea when you'll have a beta of CB Events ?

I don't have a timeframe for when CB Events will be available.

Yes it does display in the right order but it shows expired with a mention. All events without end dates show as expired. The template is the default one.

Ok, since it's in the right order it's just a visual bug. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7854

No there are no outputs, it works fine with the creation process; only the modification process outputs a json element.

Strange, I don't have an explanation for that. That trigger doesn't attempt to output anything so the only way it could break is if there was an echo or something outputting something to break the JSON response. What's the exact auto action configuration you're using on that trigger?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316890 by krileon
Ok, events without an end date are working as expected. The event ends the day it begins. There are no neverending events in GJ Events. For example it's for events like "Party at X on Y". For your usecase I recommend just adding a end date very far in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316891 by activha

What's the exact auto action configuration you're using on that trigger?

Code PHP
$variables['var3']->set( 'asset', 'event.wanted.[var3_id].profile.[user_id].action.[var3_params_action_id]' );
$variables['var3']->store();

no output, substitution on, Reference variable 3, that's all....

Anyway as you explained it, I'll focus more on editing event edit page if CB Activity takes care of event adding in the future.

I have also noticed that the geolocation of the address did not seem to work. Any gmaps api key to input somewhere ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn