Redirect Profile Menu links

4 years 2 weeks ago #317400 by bizguy
Redirect Profile Menu links was created by bizguy
I have found how to add Profile Menu Items using Auto Actions.

I am using some custom pages to display user profiles (using ComponentsAnywhere) to display the page content I want in a template I have built.

I would like to redirect the Profile Menu items:
  • Update Your Profile
  • Manage Your Connections

to the pages I have built and then have them ALSO return to my other new pages after saving or cancelling.

Thanks,

Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317420 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect Profile Menu links
You might be able to override them if you try adding a menu item with their same Type and Class. Try the following.

Update Your Profile
Type: _UE_MENU_EDIT
Class: _UE_UPDATEPROFILE

Manage Your Connections
Type: _UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS
Class: _UE_MENU_MANAGEMYCONNECTIONS

Aside from that you won't be able to override them, but I suppose you could just hide them using CSS then add your own custom menu items. Please keep in mind CB Menu is scheduled to be deprecated. It's a relic of the past that needed to exist back in Mambo/Joomla 1.x days. It will be removed soon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317436 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Redirect Profile Menu links
Thanks Kyle,

How about redirecting the landing page after editing My Profile?

This is actually a bigger issue, as I can use my own menu items to access showing and editing a profile, but would like to come back to my page, after saving.

Thanks

4 years 2 weeks ago #317450 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect Profile Menu links
Use onAfterUserProfileSaved trigger to redirect after a profile edit save. That trigger fires just before the redirect back to the users profile so is the best time to add a custom redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizguy

4 years 2 weeks ago #317456 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Redirect Profile Menu links
Thanks Kyle!

Works perfect as all your recommendations do.

FTR I added onAfterUserProfileEditCancel to keep them in my template if they cancel making changes to their profile as well.

Stay healthy!

Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn