[#7911] GroupJive router ?

4 years 3 weeks ago #317581 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?
Using joomla external url gives the same result :-(

All is correctly updated and plugin published in correct order.

I found something interesting though. The non sef link in the back end is not the one that I gave you above which appears in the front end.

The backend menu link created for a category is : index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&categories=14&id=14

and the main cat menu link created is : index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=allcategories

If I use the first one for joomla external id, I get the same problem while the GJ links are SEFed under component/

So there is definitely something wrong somewhere.

For now I won't use a link for individual categories, while it would have helped :-(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317593 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive router ?
Try using the following.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&func=show&categories=14&id=14

My tests with menu items to individual categories works fine. I'm seeing no conflict with this. So I'm not sure what's causing your routing issues beyond possible theories as to what's going wrong. The only time I am seeing an issue is if I've a Public menu item to a category that is set to Registered access. This causes an infinite redirect loop due to a SEF rewrite issue when it tries to send to the all categories page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317594 by activha
This link works and avoids the loop but in this case, all links related to this category are not correctly SEFed janus/60-testgroup but component/comprofiler/pluginclass/cbgroupjive/14-janus/60-testgroup

This is true for GroupJive and also for all CB Activity links

For the main access to all category, the link is :
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=allcategories

There is no func=show nor any category set for the All categories view, is this normal ?

4 years 2 weeks ago #317595 by krileon
Latest build half fixes this. The infinite redirect is at least fixed, but it still is rewriting URLs incorrectly. Will for sure have to improve things within CB itself as we need to be able to specify SEF parsing fallback behavior, which we currently can't do. Main issue is with how many ways there are to reach a category and due to the consolidated action usage being used for Joomla menu structuring. Major rewrite to how the URLs are constructed in GJ will need to take place to really fix this, but it should only really be happening with ACL doesn't line up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317597 by activha
If I set all categories to all cat id except the one that is set by the link could it enhance things in the meantime ?

4 years 2 weeks ago #317605 by krileon
Not sure I understand what you mean. You could create the below URL I suppose.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&id=CATEGORY_ID&Itemid=ALL_CATEGORIES_MENU_ID

ALL_CATEGORIES_MENU_ID would be the menu id for your all categories menu item. Ideally giving something like the below.

/categories/1-category

This would be with an External menu item. This shouldn't even be necessary though. The bug you're experience I've only been able to reproduce when you have a menu item to a category you can't access and it tries to redirect to All Categories and it can't. There should be no other issues with it beyond that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn