[#7911] GroupJive router ?

4 years 3 weeks ago #317567 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?
The menu links are all consistent with the categories and set to public everywhere.

Only the owned groups and subscribed groups links are set to registered for menu.

For instance : the category link activ-ha.com/pages/14-janus correctly directs to activ-ha.com/pages/categories/all when you are not logged in.

But the direct link activ-ha.com/janus gives a loop and do not redirect to anything

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317569 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive router ?
What is the menu parameters for /janus? What page is it trying to navigate to. Same for /pages/14-janus. What is it trying to navigate to? I need the raw URLs without SEF to understand where the menu is trying to go. Sounds like just an access denied redirect in GJ maybe pointing to the wrong page causing a loop. Does it still loop with SEF off?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317571 by activha

4 years 3 weeks ago #317573 by krileon
I believe I see the issue. The redirect has the same Itemid as the category menu item. The category menu item parameters attempt to populate again during routing processing. The routing thinks you're then trying to access a category. This is what is causing the infinite loop.

I don't see why it should be doing that though. Does the user not have access to that category? There's no reason GJ should attempt to redirect away from a category if they've access to it. So for example if the category is set to Registered then your menu item should also be set to Registered. We need to first address why it's even redirecting to begin with.

Unfortunately I do not have time to investigate this further right now, but have added a bug ticket to take a look for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7911

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317575 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?
Even if I set all categories to public, then the links are wrongly built by GJ

For instance CB Activity uses the last category set to built the group links and then displays that the groups do not exist just because the path is wrong.

So there may be something else than just access rights

4 years 3 weeks ago #317576 by krileon
Is your install completely up to date with latest builds? Also ensure CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins is published, public, and ideally ordered first. The only other thing I can think of is for some reason the menu parameters are not pushing to GET, which our system plugin handles.

Even if I set all categories to public, then the links are wrongly built by GJ

Your links are all correct and valid. The problem is likely that "func" isn't being treated right in the presence of "id", which is being given to GJ by the menu item GET variables.

Unfortunately like I said above I don't have time to investigate this right now. The routing has to account for too many usecases and is likely what is causing these problems so something might have to be deprecated soon to stop confusing the router. The easiest solution is to just don't create menu items for specific categories or groups for the time being or if you do so use Joomla external menu items to link to them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn