CBSubs Stripe Sepa recurring payments and triggers

3 years 10 months ago #319128 by beat
Ok, did a tiny bit of digging, and came up with a different idea. Instead of spending time to do a better invoicing inside CBSubs, wouldn't it make more sense to have a separate software which assigns unique invoice numbers and stores them ? and then same or another one that generates the invoices using the unique invoice numbers assigned by the unique invoice numbers generator and gives them there to store them ?

Some accounting softwares seem to already have this functionality...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319129 by beat

activha wrote: Well sorry I cannot answer this question but only state what is required in France.

We are used to deal with large companies and they all have this compulsory unique numbering system. I don't write the rules and would prefer simpler things also rather to loose time with all this.

:-)

Do you know if there is an open standard protocol to get unique invoice ids (and possibly store the result) ?

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 10 months ago #319130 by activha
Hi Beat

As for the open standard there is nothing that I know about. As long as the numbering scheme follows a chronological order it is ok whether it's numbers or any mix of number and letter.
For instance SFR in France has millions of invoices a month and only uses letters.

Regarding your ideas for the link to an accounting software, that was exactly my idea by using Invoice Manager from JoomlaThat together with a CBSubs integration.
CBSubs would send its own data to IM which generates chronological invoice numbers depending on whether is CB or Hikashop or something else.

Then we send all the data to our accounting online software which is ipaidthat.io/ by an autoaction for CB and by sending the pdf for HikaShop.

If you can only enhance CBSubs so that we could have one invoice with several split payments (for instance yearly subscription with 12 monthly payments) and one basket corresponding to one payment (so that it's possible to follow the initiated, pending, paid or reversed state), I think that with all the triggers that you already have it should be ok.

Invoice Manager already deals with more than 10 000 invoices for us and is a good joomla software for what it does.

I don't know if you were thinking at building an invoicing software for CB or using an existing one ? but if it's the second idea IM would be to be considered

3 years 10 months ago #319131 by beat

activha wrote: Well sorry I cannot answer this question but only state what is required in France.

We are used to deal with large companies and they all have this compulsory unique numbering system. I don't write the rules and would prefer simpler things also rather to loose time with all this.

:-)

Ok, did a bit more digging at the source of truth, in EU laws and French official government information :

Actually, the EU VAT law says:

in Section 4 "Content of invoices"

in Article 226:

Without prejudice to the particular provisions laid down in this Directive, only the following details are required for VAT purposes on invoices issued pursuant to Articles 220 and 221:
(1)

the date of issue;
(2)

a sequential number, based on one or more series, which uniquely identifies the invoice;

So, there can be more than one series of sequential numbers, under EU VAT law, and France being in EU, should be complying to this.

And it seems to be the case in France too: the official link from French government that I found:

www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F23208 (open "Numerotation" accordion):

La numérotation peut être établie par séries distinctes, avec un système de numérotation propre à chaque série si les conditions d'exercice le justifient :

• plusieurs sites de facturation,
  • différentes catégories de clients pour lesquels les règles de facturation ne sont pas identiques,
  • sous-traitance de facturation par exemple.

So, the prefixing and consequential invoice numbering system of CBSubs seems to still comply to this, in EU, and France.

Did I miss anything :) ?

3 years 10 months ago #319133 by activha
No but for the second point we don't have different websites of invoicing nor different categories of customers so we need (as 99% of companies) a single invoicing scheme.

For instance we invoice professionals or individuals both with subscriptions (CBSubs) and products (hikashop or other). In this case our accountants require a single scheme for invoicing (and also an invoice prior to the payment)

Honestly our company is advised by FIDUCIAL, we have been in this business for more than 10 years, we deal with thousands of business companies each day and I don't really see your points.

That's not something to bother you or CB, this is only something legal that we have to deal with. We have decided to use CB and CBSubs because I consider that your products are top and your team is wonderful, and we tried to do with this invoicing tweaks. So of course if you could consider a solution to help, that would be great.

I know that France may be very conservative for fiscal reasons but we do not decide :-)

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319135 by beat
I just had a different feedback from an experienced accountant friend. He said, if you have different invoicing systems (comparable to several cash registered), then each needs to be sequential and prefixed uniquely.

I'm just trying to help you avoid unneeded accounting hassles.

Our CBSubs business automation refactoring task stays intact then.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn