GJ Events own url

3 years 10 months ago #319053 by activha
GJ Events own url was created by activha
Hello Kyle

Is there new devs on GJ allowing to link a GJ event to a url ?
I have noticed urls to save/edit/new but cannot find one to display only one event or several events belonging to the same group ?

Also second question :
Is there any possibility to add a field allowing to use an autoaction like an API with a password for instance ?
Can I use a new password field or would you recommend another solution to restrict a url such as
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID&users=USER_ID
to be displayed everywhere on the web only by the USER_ID user

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319057 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Events own url

I have noticed urls to save/edit/new but cannot find one to display only one event or several events belonging to the same group ?

There is no functionality for displaying a single event at this time.

Is there any possibility to add a field allowing to use an autoaction like an API with a password for instance ?

Sure, just add a condition for that.

Can I use a new password field or would you recommend another solution to restrict a url such as
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID&users=USER_ID
to be displayed everywhere on the web only by the USER_ID user

You basically need a token system to properly secure an API endpoint. CB Auto Actions can validate the token in your conditions, but you'll need to handle generating those tokens and storing them (could be a field, etc..). If you need the User for the auto action to be based off the token as well then set User to Custom and under the User tab supply custom PHP for converting that token (typically just querying it against the database and returning the user id) to a user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #319073 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GJ Events own url

you'll need to handle generating those tokens and storing them (could be a field, etc..)

Thanks do you think that CB Password field is suitable for this ? or should we draft a php code field from our own ?

There is no functionality for displaying a single event at this time

We would need a way to display a single event or all events from a specified group, that would be great.

Also if you consider enhancing GJ would you consider a way to record all group members interactions within a group ? ie when they display the page, when they subscribe to an event, when they add something for instance ?
That would be useful for group admin to know what happens and who do what. We would like to start using groups for medium sized companies and allow them to manage their employees as group members for a specific task within the group, but ideally we would need to offer the company a way to control and have a reporting on who did what and when.

Our idea is to have companies use their employees to push the events companies start to their employee's own network but we need some kind of a reporting

Could we use CB Activities for instance ?

3 years 10 months ago #319078 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Events own url

Thanks do you think that CB Password field is suitable for this ? or should we draft a php code field from our own ?

A password field is suitable assuming the user supplied a secure password, but CB Auto Actions has no means of verifying that password. A custom coded solution would probably be best.

Also if you consider enhancing GJ would you consider a way to record all group members interactions within a group ? ie when they display the page, when they subscribe to an event, when they add something for instance ?
That would be useful for group admin to know what happens and who do what. We would like to start using groups for medium sized companies and allow them to manage their employees as group members for a specific task within the group, but ideally we would need to offer the company a way to control and have a reporting on who did what and when.

Our idea is to have companies use their employees to push the events companies start to their employee's own network but we need some kind of a reporting

Could we use CB Activities for instance ?

You'll need to use CB Auto Actions acting on GJ triggers to have logging like that. Detailed logging like that is not planned anytime in the future. CB Activity does integrate with GJ via CB Auto Actions and its System Actions where a lot of activity can be logged automatically, but it's not like a full history report or anything and the user is free to delete their activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds