Best way to create feedback mechanism on user profile

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321915 by krileon

But only 9 comments are actually visible in the list. It seems perhaps that comments from members who are no longer active members (and their profiles have been deleted) are showing in the total comments but their comments are not actually visible?

Comment counting uses a fast count. It has to do this for performance reasons otherwise counter display would cripple sites causing double the load times. It doesn't perform advanced access checks or anything like that. It's just a raw count. So yes it can be inaccurate.

How can we get it to show all comments, even if the users who made the comments are no longer in the comprofiler/user database?

CB Activity can't show comments for deleted users as it currently does not support anonymous posts. Deleted user comments shouldn't even exist since by default CB Activity will clear their activity when their user is deleted, but since you used SQL to directly insert those they exist. I suggest clearing out comments for users that don't exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321918 by boyjahq
We are using the comment function of activities as our feedback mechanism. We want to keep comments visible on the customers profile regardless of whether the user who left the comment is still in the database. Is there no way to retain those comments and have them be visible, even if the commenter is no longer an active member?

3 years 4 months ago #321921 by krileon

Is there no way to retain those comments and have them be visible, even if the commenter is no longer an active member?

No. CB Activity does not allow for anonymous posts, which is what those are when the user is deleted. It will support this functionality in the future, but currently it does not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321943 by boyjahq
What is the minimum necessary to allow viewing of older comments by members? Is it simply that a record exists in the user database with their user id / username? We will not allow previous comments to disappear, so please tell us how CB Activities determines whether a user exists or not. Is it from the user database? Is it from the comprofiler database? What field, exactly, is CB Activities looking at to determine whether or not to display comments from the user?

3 years 4 months ago #321951 by krileon
It's hardcoded into CB Activity queries. You will not be able to remove that functionality without causing unforeseen issues throughout the plugin. Public posts are not supported at this time. It joins both the _comprofiler and _users table verifying they exist and that they're approved/confirmed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 3 months ago #322180 by boyjahq
Is there something inside the vast tool kit of Community Builder that would allow me to recreate an old messages list for each user? It would be separate from CB Activities, which we will use going forward for our feedback mechanism. But if we wanted to create a kind of history/archive listing of comments from past users (many of whom no longer have active accounts), is there a particular CB tool that we should look at? Since we still have all of the old feedback data in the database.

I was thinking of trying to create a new CB List and use the Filter function to do this, but it seems that the List creation tool only has access to comprofiler and user database fields.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn