Best way to create feedback mechanism on user profile

3 years 3 months ago #322183 by krileon
I suppose you could pull them out into a separate database table then use CB Query Field or write a custom component using CB Auto Actions. I don't have an out of the box solution for you, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322199 by boyjahq
Thank you for the ideas. I will play around with them and see how it goes.

3 years 3 months ago #322613 by boyjahq

krileon wrote:

Is there no way to retain those comments and have them be visible, even if the commenter is no longer an active member?

No. CB Activity does not allow for anonymous posts, which is what those are when the user is deleted. It will support this functionality in the future, but currently it does not.

Just to confirm: as long as the user is still in database, even if their membership has expired, their comments will remain visible in activities? Their comments will only be automatically deleted if their user information is deleted from Community Builder: User Management?

3 years 3 months ago #322630 by krileon

as long as the user is still in database, even if their membership has expired, their comments will remain visible in activities?

Yes, assuming their account is not in a blocked state.

Their comments will only be automatically deleted if their user information is deleted from Community Builder: User Management?

Yes, if you've auto deleted enabled in CB Activity. It should be enabled by default.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322644 by boyjahq
What, exactly, does it mean to be in a "blocked" state?

And if I have disabled the auto delete function in CB Activity, then the user should remain in the database and the feedback/comments will remain?

3 years 3 months ago #322647 by krileon

What, exactly, does it mean to be in a "blocked" state?

Within CB > User Management the Enabled column is their Joomla user account block state. If they're not enabled their activity, comments, etc.. will all hide.

And if I have disabled the auto delete function in CB Activity, then the user should remain in the database and the feedback/comments will remain?

It'll remain in the database, but it will not remain visible. There is no anonymous posting features in CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn