Best way to create feedback mechanism on user profile

3 years 2 months ago #323104 by boyjahq

Within CB > User Management the Enabled column is their Joomla user account block state. If they're not enabled their activity, comments, etc.. will all hide.

Does the Feedback activity do the same? If a member leaves a feedback comment or replies to one by way of the Feedback activity (as opposed to the Comment activity), will those comments/replies become disabled if their subscription expires or if they are in a "blocked" state?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323112 by krileon
Yes, all activity, comments, etc.. will hide if the user is blocked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323160 by boyjahq

krileon wrote:

Yes, all activity, comments, etc.. will hide if the user is blocked.

Is there any viable way to disable this so that feedback left for our users, which is critical to their building credibility to other users, can remain visible, regardless of the status of the user that left the feedback? For our purposes, it does not make sense to have valuable feedback/reviews disappear just because the user that posted it has an expired subscription or is for any other reason "blocked".

Or is there a different mechanism within the massive CB tool kit that would allow users to post comments on a user's profile that is not tied to the status of the posting user's account?

Comment counting uses a fast count. It has to do this for performance reasons otherwise counter display would cripple sites causing double the load times. It doesn't perform advanced access checks or anything like that. It's just a raw count. So yes it can be inaccurate.

How can we hide that message bubble that shows the comment count?

Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago #323167 by krileon

Is there any viable way to disable this so that feedback left for our users, which is critical to their building credibility to other users, can remain visible, regardless of the status of the user that left the feedback? For our purposes, it does not make sense to have valuable feedback/reviews disappear just because the user that posted it has an expired subscription or is for any other reason "blocked".

Or is there a different mechanism within the massive CB tool kit that would allow users to post comments on a user's profile that is not tied to the status of the posting user's account?

No.

How can we hide that message bubble that shows the comment count?

Use CSS to remove it or create a template for CB Activity that doesn't have it. The below CSS should work.

.cbActivityModuleComments .fa-comments-o {
	display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 2 months ago #323191 by boyjahq

krileon wrote:

What, exactly, does it mean to be in a "blocked" state?

Within CB > User Management the Enabled column is their Joomla user account block state. If they're not enabled their activity, comments, etc.. will all hide.

And if I have disabled the auto delete function in CB Activity, then the user should remain in the database and the feedback/comments will remain?

It'll remain in the database, but it will not remain visible. There is no anonymous posting features in CB Activity.

Is there any chance that future CB Activity will have a backend admin setting to allow posts to remain visible, even if the user is not active (but still in the database)? Or, is the Profilebook still planned to be deprecated at some point? If not, then we can use the Guestbook feature for our purposes?

3 years 2 months ago #323192 by krileon

Is there any chance that future CB Activity will have a backend admin setting to allow posts to remain visible, even if the user is not active (but still in the database)?

Yes, once anonymous posting is implemented it won't check for user block state anymore.

Or, is the Profilebook still planned to be deprecated at some point?

CB ProfileBook is still planned to be deprecated, but it's fine to use it if you need it.

If not, then we can use the Guestbook feature for our purposes?

Yes, the Guestbook would probably be most ideal since it supports anonymous posting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn