CB 2.4.6 - Install from Web is not working properly

3 years 7 months ago #320244 by erichburkhard
I have seen that there is already a (SOLVED) issue concerning this or similar topic in this forum: (forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8091). But because this ticket is in status = SOLVED I am going to open a new one:

I have installed the newest build of of CB = 2.4.6. The scenario is as follows:

1. In the plugin management of CB I choose a plugin which I want to update .....

2. If I do a "mouse over" the red version string of the plugin, the system shows the latest available version of this plugin .....so far so good...

3. Now - If I click onto the red string of this plugin I am going to expect to be able to download the newest version of this plugin. Instead of this, the following page appears:

I am very sure that this was possible in an earlier version of CB. But there are no error messages .....so I don't know what is wrong here....
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320249 by krileon
It only shows "Failed to load install from web. Please reload to retry." if the ajax request to your own server fails or the HTTPS request to our server returns no packages. This is likely due to a conflict of some kind on your server or site specifically. Try clearing Joomla cache and retrying.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320303 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic CB 2.4.6 - Install from Web is not working properly
....I have done the following:

- cleared the joomla cache
- tried to reload

...no change - what I do not understand is that this feature was working a few versions ago .....what else can I check in order to find out the problem?

regards

3 years 6 months ago #320304 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic CB 2.4.6 - Install from Web is not working properly
I think I could solve the issue - I had to enter a kind of site key generated on joomlapolis.com

Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #320312 by krileon
Site key shouldn't be required (however is highly recommended) for it to work, but that could help solve it if something installed is breaking the jQuery part of Install from Web since "Failed to load install from web. Please reload to retry." only outputs if the jQuery failed entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn