[SOLVED] CBSubs - Weird message while trying to pay via STRIPE payment service

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320420 by erichburkhard
Hi, I am using STRIPE to provide the payment service for my website. In most cases STRIPE works perfect together with CBSubs. But now I found out that under certain circumstances a weird message appears when I want to pay for a subscription ......but let me explain in detail:

Used versions:
CB-Version: 2.4.6+build.2020.09.01.15.39.25.9e994e969
CBSubs: 4.4.0+build.2020.08.05.22.48.51.e27412b72 (newest)

1. Payment scenario ("happy flow")

a) I log in with a certain user an navigate to the overview page of all possible subscriptions:

b) I choose one of the possible subscriptions an click on upgrade

c) I agree with the GT and Click on Pay Now. The Stripe Checkout page is being displayed where I can enter the credit card data an successfully finish the payment...everything is fine

2. Payment Scenario
a) I log in with another user an navigate to the overview page of all possible subscriptions. As you can see this users already bought some subscriptions in the past (marked with reactivate)

b) From this list I choose an option and click Upgrade. (PS: It is not important what you choose...it will fail anyway) The following page appears:

c) Here I am going to accept again the GT and click on Pay Now ....the following screen appears, with a weird message

My analysis so far:

1. I think STRIPE is in general "connected" correctly to CBSubs, otherwise the "happy flow" would not work
2. I startet to think about the difference between scenario 1 (happy flow) and scenario 2. As you can see in scenario 1 you only have subscriptions which were never bought before ......in scenario 2 you also have subsciptions which you can reactivate ....(this is only my guess I cannot prove it)
3. As soon as I switch to the STRIPE TestServer gateway, both scenarios 1 and 2 work fine
4. I loged into the backend of my STRIPE account and noticed a certain warning (the warning counter seems to increment while I am doing scenario 2)

....the detail of this warning is as follows:

Do you have any idea?

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320429 by krileon
It's trying to cancel the previous payment intent for the basket before making a new one, but that shouldn't stop the payment flow. Is there any other errors within CBsubs > History Log or CBSubs > Notifications around the time of purchase attempt? Have retested this and seams to be working fine in my tests. Did the price of the plan change between when the user was expired and when they attempted to renew?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320442 by krileon
Latest CBSubs build is 4.4.0+build.2020.08.14.16.56.12.c7dc6dc0d while you have 4.4.0+build.2020.08.05.22.48.51.e27412b72. You could be experiencing the below bug which has already been fixed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8114

Please update CBSubs and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erichburkhard

3 years 7 months ago #320541 by erichburkhard
Hi - the newest version of CBSubs could solve the issue - MANY THANKS :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.922 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn